Is it normal for my 1yr old to not want her hands touched?

She seems normal in every other way.But i ask this because i already have an autistic child.Just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't think so, if so I should be worried myself too. My son absolutely hates his hands and feet to be touched! I think its just normal thing really...he is 16 months old and has been like this since he was like 2 months old
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 1:35 AM on May. 2, 2010

• my son too absolutely hated having his hands touched. but i just slowly worked with him and told him he'd have to hold my hand if he was walking in public and by streets so he got used to it. he is now 21 months and he still hates it every now and then but he will at least hold my hand in public and by streets:) But i think it is just a phase that some kids go through
    8firsttimemom8

Answer by 8firsttimemom8 at 10:43 AM on May. 2, 2010