I need advice. Id like another child but...

Id like to have another child. My first child just turned 1 last week. Id like to try for another one in December (no specific reason) But I'm scared to get pregnant again because my fiances (whom will be my husband in 3 weeks) grandmother is EXTREMELY mean and rude. We live in an apartment she owns and she constantly critisizes us about how we can barely take care of one child. This is NOT true. We both have good jobs! My fiance works 3rd shift making $13.25an hour and I make minimum but on sundays I get $12. We pay our bills, we do not have Welfare at all...We're able to buy our daughter all of her needs with out any problems.

I'm just afraid that his grandmother will kick us out if I get pregnant again. She has threatened to kick us out over STUPID reasons. She expects us to pay her $2,000 a month for rent!! THATS CRAZY! What should I do?? We CAN take care of another child! We're AWESOME parents..Its just her whos.......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• live your life & find a new place to stay
    Anonymous

• -Continued-i think she's old fashion? Idk, my parents don't care what I do. They know I'm old enough to have a child and take care of myself. they always hug me and tell me what a great job im doing for being a parent. I LOVE being a mommy and I know Im great at it! I can pay bills, i can take care of my child..its just the gram and how she is.... :-/
    Anonymous

• Find another place to live. REGARDLESS of whether you have another baby. Do it ASAP. You need to get out from under her thumb because it's only going to get worse.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:43 PM on May. 1, 2010

• wow i'm sorry that she is that way. It really sounds like you just need to find another place anyways so you won't have to worry about that. If you want another kid you shouldn't let her stop you. Good Luck Girl

Zara Nichols
    Helping Moms Work From Home
    www.4AHappyLife.com
    ZaraN

Answer by ZaraN at 10:45 PM on May. 1, 2010

• living in an apt that grandma owns isnt really cutting it. Move out. GET MARRIED. BUY a house. Then you can really say you can AFFORD another baby. You have time- let your baby be a baby for awhile.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 12:10 AM on May. 2, 2010

• WOW...cut the cord and fast!!! My in laws live right down the street from us and we have 5 children and want another! We owe nothing to anyone, but still get the critical comment or two about having more, but we are married for 15 years and have our own home. We support and love the children as you are doing with your little one. There are other places to live, just find somewhere, anywhere but there!! It sounds like she is just a grouchy woman, who maybe is just a little controlling and jealous? Maybe? Does she have any other family around to annoy? Or is your family it? You are a great mom or you wouldn't even be realizing that this is an issue in the first place...so good for you! Pick up your family and move ASAP!!! Good Luck :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on May. 4, 2010