I want to get my tubes tied now that I have my boy and girl but I dont want to have any scares on my belly can it be done without any scares?

zackandsidsmom

Asked by zackandsidsmom at 10:52 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Health

• You mean scars? I have just a very thin one, less than an inch long, in my belly button - it's all that's needed for them to get in there and tie them. It took about a year but it's pretty much "invisible" anymore. I did not use any scar treatment on it, just let it heal and left it alone, and even the surgeon who did it missed it when he did a 2nd surgery less than a year later.
    Anonymous

• I got mine done through the belly button right after the birth of my baby girl I have a boy too before her so I closed up shop
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:57 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Try having your appendix ruptured and the infection stuck in a blood socket. Then we'll talk about scars. I have a scar that is half way across my abdomin. A scar from getting your tubes tied is no big wup!
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 11:03 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Yes it can be done without an invasive surgery too. There is a procedure called Essure. You are put under local anesthetic. Your OB goes in through your cervix, much like a pap but your cervix will have to be opened slightly. He/she then inserts a metal coil into each fallopian tube. After that, (at least my OB does this) you receive a depo shot before you even wake up. After 3 months you return for a dye injection to make sure that your tubes are sealed. My OB told me that the recovery is much easier and less painful. It may be worth checking into. I am getting this done after I have my son in June as we will have 5 children and my husband already had a vasectomy that failed due to a 3rd tube the doctor missed.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 11:04 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Yeah get your husband fixed!! haha. I don't know anything about that yet. All I know is I have my boy and girl too and I told my husband it was his turn to take on some pain! He didn't argue with me!! We will see what happens I want to wait a couple more years just to make sure. Good Luck!!

Zara Nichols
    Helping Moms Work From Home
    www.4AHappyLife.com
    ZaraN

Answer by ZaraN at 11:05 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I am getting the essure procedure done after my baby is born in june also...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 11:12 PM on May. 1, 2010

• have the SO get fixed! Its safer for you!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:24 PM on May. 1, 2010

• they went through my belly button...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:04 AM on May. 2, 2010

• I had Essure done. I love it!
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:01 AM on May. 2, 2010

• I had the essure and so far no problems, light periods, sometime none,and its been about a year
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 1:39 PM on May. 2, 2010