Would you take the pill to help your period to be regular?

This year for some reason my periods have been out of whack it seems like I have been bleeding like forever I went to my gyno and she told me to get on the pill and that would help my periods to be regular I don't mind being on the rag but I need to take care of my man too I mean I can only give so many bj's lol. I hate taking pills I barely remember to take my vitamins much less birth control.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Health

• I would. I used to have horrible cramps, when I got on the pill they went away. Just put them somewhere you'll remember to take them or leave yourself sticky notes to remind you.
    FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 11:10 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I would and have, I am all over the place without the pill, and very heavy. I wouldn't go on it just so my hubby can have regular sex, but I did go on it so I wouldn't get caught out at the most inopportune times anymore. I have mine in a cup next to the coffee and when I have the first cuppa of the day I take the pill.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 11:24 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I'd go back on it in a heartbeat, it's getting to where I have to schedule my life around my period. I flow so hard and have killer cramps to the point where DH has had to take off work sometimes because I can't even get out of bed to take care of the kids.

Only problem with the pill is I think the dr would say I'm too heavy, which I probably am...or that I'm too old. I just turned 48, but this isn't menopause, I've always flowed like this my entire life. Even when I was 15, I missed a lot of school too.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 11:29 PM on May. 1, 2010

• It will more than likely help you, I went one time (when I was younger) for almost 3 weeks and it scared the crap out of me. I went and got on the pill and it worked. I have been off for years but my cycle is still regular.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:35 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I have and I probably will again when I'm done having kids. Right now though, I take chaste tree berry extract. I haven't been taking it for very long so I don't know how well it will work yet, but it's supposed to help regulate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:03 AM on May. 2, 2010

• Dont' take it if you are anti-abortion
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:06 AM on May. 2, 2010

• what does the pill have to do with anti-abortion?

I take BC regularly. My husband is also fixed so the sole purpose of the pill is to regulate my periods. I run them back to back though so I only have a period once every 3 months (skip the sugar pills each month and go straight to the next pack of birth control)
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 10:51 AM on May. 2, 2010

• the way you said it on the rag, giving bjs.. LMAO!!
    I love the pill it keeps my skin clear :)
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 4:04 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Yes I take it. I have to otherwise I would never be regular and I would be out of commission for a few days. Such bad cramps when I am not on it. I hate having to take them, but I hate having horrible cramps even more! lol
    chrissi0103

Answer by chrissi0103 at 4:09 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I'd prefer one to get rid if the damn thing forever, but I'm not supposed to take chemical birth control because of a tachycardia diagnosis from way back.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 4:29 PM on May. 3, 2010