Good gifts for Baby's 1st Birthday?

My sons bday is coming up & we have a HUGE family. There will be 100+ people spilt between two parties.

My son doesnt need clothes because he has 2 boy cousins who are slightly older & a grandma who cant help her self!
People bought alot of toys @ Christmas bc he didnt really need anything else.

Beisdes a few more toys that are 12m & older, Im not really sure what to tell people when they ask what to get him..

pinkcicle709

Asked by pinkcicle709 at 12:02 AM on May. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• - My sister said to ask for Disney Movies
    & I thought to ask for Gymboree Gift Cards (indoor activity classes for the winter)
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 12:04 AM on May. 2, 2010

• just ask for gift cards. especially somewhere that has a lot of good kid stuff. i like target myself :-D I think gift cards are a good idea because you don't have to have pressure on anyone to locate a certain object or even spend more than they can afford. and you can use them when you need them. That's what we put on our daughter's 1st bday invites lol. "Gift cards are fine, no pressure for presents!"
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 12:05 AM on May. 2, 2010

• start a college fund. Or ask for diapers.
    The best "gift" my son received is a mini-flip couch. We got an elmo couch for our son when he turned one and he still uses it every day (he is 2 1/2). It was $30- and it has definately withstood a ton of abuse and play.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on May. 2, 2010

• Gift cards, diapers, sippy cups, savings bonds or money to add to a savings account for college. I don't really know.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 12:09 AM on May. 2, 2010

• I wish we would have asked for people to go together and get us a new car seat since she grew out of her shortly after turning 1.
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 12:09 AM on May. 2, 2010

• My son is already sitting in a big boy car seat- rear facing of course. He HATED his infant seat & we had gift cards from his baby shower that we use to purchase it.

- He does have a savings account- but Id feel bad telling family to give him $$.

HA! Yes, Diapers & Wipes would be the most appreciated gifts by me! But people tend to not want to buy the "boring" stuff!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 12:14 AM on May. 2, 2010

• tell them whoever makes the prettiest diaper cake wins a candle or something lol
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 12:31 AM on May. 2, 2010

• People love buying gifts for little ones, but if they ask what you need tell them.

Do you have a yard? Mine loved the little tykes castle that had a little slide and swing and a periscope. How about a water table or a big slide?

You can also think about mommy and me swimming lessons or yoga, or kindermusik classes.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 1:37 AM on May. 2, 2010

• I wanted to add depending on your family, you shouldn't feel bad about telling them that he has a save to spend account. Many relatives would prefer to put money in there instead of wasting it on toys that they may or may not play with. You can save the money until you find something that you think that he will love, and when you purchase it, send a thank you to everyone who participated with a picture of your little one enjoying it.

We are planning on doing this with a swing set this summer. The grandparents are always very generous, and when talking with them we have decided to go in together on a really nice trampoline with an enclosure or a swing set.

This isn't something that you would put on an invite or anything, but most close family members will discuss gifts with you prior to the birthday.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 1:49 AM on May. 2, 2010

• SAVINGS BONDS
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 2:04 AM on May. 3, 2010