how to tell your child you were pregnant

I may be pregnat and I was needing some advice on how to tell my soon to be seven year old daughter she was going to be a big sister, I do not have any siblings and neither does DH so I needed some advice on how to tell her, she does not live with us at the moment cause a one room apartment. We are looking for a two bedroom place so we are both going to school but I am going to have to drop out of school. We have been trying for almost four years to have another child but we think that this is the time we hit the nail on the head. But we are needing advice to tell her. NO BASHING PLEASE. I can not stand bashing it pisses me off when someone bashes an answer to a question and if you are going to be rude and not post anything nice then do not post anything. We are looking for some advice one how to tell her. She has been the only child all this time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on May. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• do it in a fun way... paint a shirt that says Im Going To Be A Big Sister... and tell her its hers.....if u make it fun for her. she will bond better with the baby
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on May. 2, 2010

• What we did was just sat all three of our kids down. And we said how would you all like to have a baby in the house? That is all they had to hear. LOL They where excited beyond belief. Make sure the you try your hardest to keep her involved in the pregnancy. And make sure you say things like our baby and including her. That is what we did with each of ours and it really helped them to have alittle more understanding. We also made sure to take them to each U/S appt even if they didnt go to any others.
    mom2wy

Answer by mom2wy at 12:16 AM on May. 2, 2010

• I told my oldest mommy is having a baby. He was 4 at the time. When I got pregnant with my third I told him mommy is having a baby. My second was only 15 months old when I got pregnant so he didn't really understand. I told him that there was a baby growing in mommy. I am currently pregnancy with number 4 and I tell my little one(barely 1) that he is going to be a big brother and that there is a baby inside mommy. He doesn't understand but it's better than just ignoring it until I have the baby. I think it is easier when there is a big difference between the kids because then the older one knows a little better.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 12:47 AM on May. 2, 2010

• We just told our boys that they were going to be big brothers..... again, lol! I like the idea of doing something fun or cute though. Maybe a baby onesie or toy or something baby-ish in a present for her.
    AddyLeigh

Answer by AddyLeigh at 1:23 AM on May. 2, 2010