this is proof of an earlier post that running out illegal will hurt YES hurt our economy!!!

http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/Opinion/2010/0428/Arizona-immigration-law-painful-lessons-from-Oklahoma

Arizona immigration law: painful lessons from Oklahoma

Arizona may soon regret its new immigration law. Oklahoma passed a similar law in 2007 that deeply hurt its people and economy.

In late 2007, Oklahoma legislators enacted what was then the nation’s toughest anti-immigrant law. Mere months later, state Sen. Harry Coates – the only Republican legislator to vote against the measure – said, “You really have to work hard at it to destroy our state’s economy, but we found a way. We ran off the workforce.”

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on May. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• LOL. Your blog is written by: "Sally Kohn is Chief Agitation Officer of the Movement Vision Lab". That's an uncited opinion piece. Try to find some facts next time. Preferably not facts from someone's Chief AGITATION Officer.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:16 AM on May. 2, 2010

• LOL Darlin,our economy is in rough shape already.There are plenty of Americans who would love a job that are now without.Some have been without a job for a few years now.I can assure you if illegals were shipped out tonight there would be Americans ready to get those jobs.Do you realize in some areas there have been hundreds of Americans applying for the same dang job the same day the ad for said job is put out?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on May. 2, 2010

• I dunno, seems to me Oklahoma is no worse off than most states and a lot better off thaan some. I think Arizona is right and since the majority of Americans feel the way I do they will be fine, even better in the long run.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:39 AM on May. 2, 2010

• Op, I don't agree with the OPINION Editorial Piece you posted... Oklahoma's last recorded Unemployment rate is 6.6%... They are doing BETTER than most of the states in my region. Ohio 11%+, Indiana 10%+, Michigan 14%+, etc..... Heck, Oklahoma is BELOW the National Unemployment rate of 10.2%.... So, I think there is argument there that Oklahoma's economy is fairing pretty well in this recession respectively...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:41 AM on May. 2, 2010

• I won't consider an opinion piece as proof of anything.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:32 AM on May. 2, 2010

• But, you know what, I didn't read the piece (opinion pieces as proof of anything don't interest me, but...) the argument about our economy suffering doesn't float for me. If we take 15 million out of the picture, they are off the welfare rolls, medicaid rolls, .... money saved. If they aren't in the equation, jobs will go undone - really? Put the people on welfare who claim they can't find jobs into the jobs the illegals do if you can get passed the sense of entitlement to not have to work that is.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:52 AM on May. 2, 2010

• The backwards a$$ part of this is, it's not that they make up the work force, it's that they are willing to work for SLAVE WAGES! So yeah, "no American" is willing to do the jobs cause they pay so low, so if we run out the illegals, employers would have to pay Americans enough to get by on. Which costs the company more, then costs consumers more. The reason Illegals are reputed to have 10 people living in a 2 bedroom house is cause they are willing to get paid next to nothing under the table.

So if your idea of NOT being racist is allowing people to work for crumbs as virtual indentured servants and live in ghettos, than WOW! I hope you feel better about yourself for it. When people come here LEGALLY, and get paid with a real paycheck as opposed to under the table, it can be assured that they will make AT LEAST MINIMUM WAGE, which still sucks, but it's better than what some illegals are making now.
    Anonymous

• I hold an entry level job, and some days we get 3-4 young people asking for applications. I think there would be plenty of american citizens to fill those shoes.
    Anonymous