May I indulge, after all this discourse...

To all those who are indeed mommies. I pray for your happiness. For the sake of your children. I look at my DD and I am so lucky. Be strong, but be yourself. There is a reason you are unique. Our innocent babies need us so bad in this dreary world. I don't know what any of you feel, even though there are great dads out there, but Babies really need us Moms. REALLY. We have to give them all the love, security, stability they deserve. We should never let a man interfere with your great bond to your child. Though it's awesome to have a loving daddy/DH. They grow up as we teach them; to share, to love, to care, to give, to work, to play, to laugh, to cry, to just be content in this short life. Or sadly they grow to hate, envy, sloth, lie etc. When I'm on here, I neglect my child. I don't enjoy that, she surely does not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on May. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I get what you say..I myself have an alnost 18 and 16 yr old,,,,they fight me for the computer,,,lol,,but we have our good times too. I didnt get a computer till 08,,,my kids and I lived in a one bedroom apt for two years. How we did it,,I have no idea,, I slept next to my son on a couch for 2 yrs. Yes Im divorced, from a very bad situation for a very long time now,,,,yep,,,my kids have come first,,before internet,,,before everything,,,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on May. 2, 2010

• Wow. Totally didn't realize that while my child is sleeping, he's neglected. While he's in school, he's neglected.

Curse you Cafe Mom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on May. 2, 2010

Curse you Cafe Mom.
    -----
    I am so shocked that Cafe Mom could be so, ....so sinister!

OP, not everyone has a small infant who needs 24 hr supervision. Some of us have GROWN kids who can be trusted to take care of themselves. Sometimes, there are NO CHILDREN at home. (yay, ME time!!) That is the WORST thing about this place, all the ASSUMING that goes on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on May. 2, 2010

• when I'm on here I"m available to my kids the entire time. besides, since I homeschool, according to some here I smother them.
    good think I don't care how anyone else thinks I should raise them.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 1:09 AM on May. 2, 2010

• thanks ladies, I didn't mean the older kids and those with out. Nor did I mean to imply that neglect from being here was my main concern of the post. I just meant because I'm an older mom who co-sleeps, I am so sensitive to the fact that she always needs me and I do feel neglectful. Not that you are. I meant every word in the post, not so much that neglect part. That was just how I was feeling at that time. She does not like it when I'm on here. As I'm sure many of you moms have experienced, we learn to reduce activities or behaviors little by little (cause we're human), that may affect our new angels. It's just a new mommy thing I was sharing. I wish you all the best.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on May. 2, 2010

• anon 1253 i wanted to say thanks for sharing, before I close for the nite, and thanks for being a dedicated mom under such circumstances. May good things come to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on May. 2, 2010

• Why is this riddle posted here?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on May. 2, 2010

• So you won't be coming back?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on May. 2, 2010

• So lucky for me... My husband has the ability to teach OUR children all of that too. Kids can survive w/o a mother if they have a good father and they can live without a father if they have a good mom. I am not the only one who can teach my kids to share, to love, to care, to give, to work, to play, to laugh, to cry and all of the other things you mentioned. I don't know where some mothers are getting that their child can't be loved without them but, they should probably get over it. If you die your child live on w/o you. That just common sense.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:49 AM on May. 2, 2010

• My husband provides(d) all the things you listed as the domain of a mom. We reared our children together. He taught them to be good, honest, loving, caring, strong, honorable men. I find it reprehensible that women feel that children are theirs and men are dispensable. My sons would not be the men they are without their father. He bathed them, worried over them, changed them, fed them, carried them places, showed them skills they needed to be adults, punished them, and now, enjoys them as men. If I felt it was all my domain, my sons would have missed so much. We reared the together. We are both close to them. A man didn't come between us. The spot belonged to him because he made them just as much as I did. Without him, I wouldn't have had them. He is just as much of their bonded parent as I am.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:47 AM on May. 2, 2010