Do you think all of us should have to present papers in the US?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on May. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm going to have to look it up but I thought there was something in the Constitution against that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on May. 2, 2010

• Ever been pulled over for speeding? Everyone already does.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:02 AM on May. 2, 2010

• We already DO!!!!! Do you drive? You have papers. Get PA? You have papers. Unless you are completely off the grid, you have papers.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:05 AM on May. 2, 2010

• omg...who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why do you keep posting about the same questions over and over and over again, just with different words????? My goodness SMH. anon!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on May. 2, 2010

• Sure. I do. When I get a ticket, when I go to the airport, when I sign up for something requiring ID and proof of address.

All this complaining - if so many people who are not Americans did not feel they had some sort of right to be here, we who are citizens would not have to turn to measures like this. You don't have a right to something just because you live in a place where it is not as prosperous. My country is not your entitlement. Sorry.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 1:36 AM on May. 2, 2010

• Ever showed your driver's license when writing a check? OMG, what nerve of those people!

Ugh. Would you people :::ie, the OP:::please stop getting caught up in rhetoric and catch phrases, and think? Citizens of this country have been "showing their papers" for decades now. All it means now is that if something is amiss, the cop can now ask "are you in this country illegally."
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 1:43 AM on May. 2, 2010

• We do, it's called a drivers license.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:29 AM on May. 2, 2010

• You also have to show your papers to enter many government buildings, show your papers to enter a military base, show your papers to board a plane, and show you papers at many jobs. Many schools require children to carry their ID and show their papers. I have to show my papers to use the community center, or check our a library book. I had to show my papers to return stuff at Walmart too.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 8:53 AM on May. 2, 2010

• To register my child in school? I have to show papers
    To vote? I have to show papers
    To legally work a JOB and contribute to the IRS, I have to have and show the appropriate papers.
    To drive a car? I have to have the appropriate papers ready to show at a moments notice.
    To use my debit/credit card? I have to show papers
    To write a check? I have to show papers
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:51 AM on May. 2, 2010

Not everyione drives, You dont HAVE to get ID. Remember FREE COUNTRY?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:57 AM on May. 2, 2010