Anyone have Verizon Wireless family plans? I have a question!

I have it but i wanted to know if i add my mom for a 3rd line how can she pay for her total bill with out me paying for her part? She wants a cell but cant get one on her own name. If i add a 3rd line and she pays for her bill can she just go pay cash at a local verizon store if i just tell her how much her cell bill was over the phone and then i pay my share? We live in different states and i pay my verizon with my debit card on verizonwireless.com

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on May. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Im pretty sure she can do it the same way you do. Online on Verizons website, or through online billpay [if her bank offers it]
    lovemylittle1

Answer by lovemylittle1 at 4:30 AM on May. 2, 2010

• With the taxes, it is about $13 a month for an extra line. Why not have her pay you for the two years in advance?

Answer by rkoloms at 7:59 AM on May. 2, 2010

• It'd be wise to add up $13-14 a month, for 24 months. That's easy money. Less than what she'd pay for the deposit if she WAS able to get her own line. 14x24 is $336. Maybe if she even gave you half up front...$168, it will cover her bill for a year. Sounds easy enough to me.

Otherwise, yes, she CAN pay $13-14 a month for the added line separately if you add her as an authorized user of the account. But then you face her changing the plans, going over on minutes... be prepared for that stuff, worth it to get it in writing, as petty as it seems, just so you have it to show verizon if ever she doesn't hold up to her end of the bargain, you can take her off the plan and possibly waive the early disconnect fees.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:15 AM on May. 2, 2010

• And remember, if you ever DO go over minutes, as soon as you get your bill in the mail (MUST BE BEFORE BILL IS DUE!!!) call Verizon customer service, and tell them that you'd like to up your plan and back-date it to this bill if at all possible. 9 times out of 10 they will for you, and you can pay the extra $5-10 for the added package instead of the $300 for the extra minutes I went over that I was stuck with before I figured this out!

PS, my SIL is a Verizon sales rep. I get all the heads up.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:19 AM on May. 2, 2010

• Yes, there is no reason why your mother cannot pay for her part of the bill at the local Verizon store. Most of the "corporate" stores have kiosks in the store that take cash, check or credit/debit cards. She'll need to know the main number of the account. The main cell number. You do not have to pay for the entire bill at the kiosks. We have friends that the kids cells are on the family account, but the kids work and pay for their phone.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:48 AM on May. 2, 2010

• We have the family share. I gave them permission to take payment from any of the people on the plan, but the people can't change or add to the plan. That way I am in control of thing one may want to add, but they can pay anything they want.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:24 AM on May. 2, 2010