when do you get checked for Bacterial Vaginosis?

just wondering because im 28 weeks pregnant and i think i may have it but im not sure. i pee alot and even when i dont pee i feel a weird pain down there. im really worried since this can hamr my baby or i could go into preterm labor.
a month ago i got my ob to do a cluture down there to see why i was having a burning sensation and he said that there was some bacteria and he gave me medication for it but im scared thats what it was.. and im worried i may got it again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on May. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Its not a big deal really, its like a UTI. I got a couple of UTI's and one medication didn't work for me so they had write me another prescription for a different medicine. I dont know the name, but go back ,take the test and ask for a different medication.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:47 AM on May. 2, 2010

• Yes a simple swab can find it and youneed to get it checked asap. It can cause preterm labor/delivery.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 10:48 AM on May. 2, 2010

• Well it's not something they check for on a routine basis (that's Group B Strep), so if you think you have it, you need to contact your doc ASAP.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 6:57 PM on May. 2, 2010

• when I think I am getting one I just go to walmart and buy monistate make sure it is the 7 day medication and not the 2 or 3 day... That's what my doc told me to do!!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 7:12 PM on May. 2, 2010

• monistat is for a fungal infection and will not clear up a bacterial infection. I wouldn't recommend doing that while you are pregnant anyway without checking witha doctor because I know my OB has told me not to use anything inside while pregnant as I am currently 32 weeks pregnant. Just call your doctor and tell him your concerns.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 7:26 AM on May. 3, 2010