RULES

Please show me where in the bible it says you CAN'T wear makeup or jewelery and can't eat certain meats, other then OT ceremonial laws. I read this woman's response to a question and can't believe this. I know for a fact that sabbath isn't the seal of God because the FIRST commandment wit ha promise is HONOR THY FATHER AND MOTHER that you may prosper, this is the first commandment with a promise don't believe me read it here.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians%206&version=NIV

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on May. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on May. 2, 2010

• It doesn't say a lot of things people thing it does. It is just their perception. Or the way their religion is.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:40 AM on May. 2, 2010

• It is a book written by man, interpreted by man and preached by man. Have you ever played chinese whispers? Try to send a cohesive message across a room between 15 people. The end result will not be the same. How then can you interpret and reinterpret a book thousands of years old, across ancient dialects and come up with an absolute literal version, in every language of the world. Some churches choose to preach literally, some not, some focus on particular scriptures as their main guidance, some not.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 5:17 AM on May. 2, 2010

• The Sabbath is the seal of the King. It states His office, title, and territory of authority. I won't get into the arguments about the NT cancelling out the OT. All I will say is that study the Bible for yourself and you will see that it supports it self, not cancelling out it's base parts.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 8:07 AM on May. 2, 2010

• This is how I see it... some "rules" in the OT stand true, others became unnecessary. The rules were set b/c before Christ no one actually could have the Holy Spirit dwell within them, and after Jesus died for our sins, the baptized people DID and DO have it in them. I believe that the NT says something abotu adorning yourself with jewelry and makeup being shameful, but I believe that it means, essentially, being slutty. The meat "rule" in the NT says to eat any meat unless it has been offered to an idol.
    I've never heard the term "seal of God" so I have no idea what you are referring to. We are supposed to set aside the first day of the week for God (ie the Sabbath). In our culture the first day of the week is Sunday... so voila! There is nothing wrong with Syunday services.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 4:07 PM on May. 2, 2010

• But that would make the sabbath a PROMISE. That's not biblical I'm not here to debate wether or not the OT laws are void I'm here to understand how people can believe such things.
    Anonymous

• Leviticus contains the food laws. You are not to cook the mother with the calf, which inculdes cooking beef with milk, breading chicken with eggs. You are not to eat animals with cloven hoofs, or scavengers, which incliudes bottom feeders in the ocean like lobster, crab and shrimp. ( I can hear the flack coming about that, already) But, those are sins unto the body and not unto God. so eat up if thats your thing. It's all about what is healthy for your body. Makeup and jewelry as long as it's not worshipped is also a sin unto yourself as well. Anything in extreme will always have undesireable effects. Honor thy Mother and Father........... you will prosper because people will think well of you, it does not necessarily mean money.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 6:07 PM on May. 3, 2010