How should I act? PLEASE READ

So my little girl (well i guess grown up now..) went off to germany and of corse I would never think this day would come but she is bringing a german boy back with her. He knows no english at all and has never been to the usa. Im not sure how to handle it- i know no german myself no1 in our family does. How should i act? and is there any like things that upset german people like certian things that our inpolite that i sould avoid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 AM on May. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Why you don,t just ask ask all those questions to your daughter!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:53 AM on May. 2, 2010

• I would ask thouses questions to her butt 1 i dont have a worldwide phone 2 she is buzy when the whole school and stuff and 3 Germany is so far ahead it would have to be like 4 am for me to even maybe think about calling her!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:00 AM on May. 2, 2010

• you should check WWW.VONAGE.COM
    it.s about maybe $15 a months for local, national and INTERNATIONAL calls.
    My parents and I live in different countries and I call them all the time, if you want you find the time, I think
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:06 AM on May. 2, 2010

• thank you and i dont really want to ask her it would stress her out more than needed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:08 AM on May. 2, 2010

• you are welcome and YOU DON.T stress yourself,just be who you are and you will be fine
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:11 AM on May. 2, 2010

• well i am stressing! I no nothing about germany! I will just feel bad him just sitting there having no clue what we are saying. that wouldnt make me like a family at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:16 AM on May. 2, 2010

• Oh and he is vegan and cant eat gluten so I have no clue how to cook with that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:18 AM on May. 2, 2010

• about the food I have no clue>
    but you can google germany, and find what do you want to learn about it.'
    After all HE is the one who come to USA and does'nt speack english, so..... Maybe your daugther can translate for you.
    I am from Argentina and my husband for midlle east and we living in usa, my parents live in Arg. so, I totally understand you.
    Trust me, if you are streesing so much about this , only show that you care. and he will know that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:46 AM on May. 2, 2010

• yesyes google will help ahaha i dont think my daugther will want to put that much effort into it though (The translating)... maybe but shes not that type at all. and yes hopefully he will get that this is streesing me, but im not sure. Its funny how all my kids went of to english speaken countries but no she wanted to go to germany.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:05 AM on May. 2, 2010

• I'd learn a couple phrases or common questions, just to show the effort that you tried. Don't stress. As long as you are nice and accepting you will be fine.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 8:12 AM on May. 2, 2010