Does this count as EBF??

If you have to pump and bottle feed breast milk (for medical reasons) but baby gets ONLY breast milk, does it count as exclusively breastfeeding??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 AM on May. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:21 AM on May. 2, 2010

• If that is all you child is getting is breast milk then yes that is exclusively breast feeding.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:32 AM on May. 2, 2010

• yup
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 6:38 AM on May. 2, 2010

• yup, it doens't matter what form the breastmilk comes in just that its breastmilk and not formula. Good for you mamma!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 6:42 AM on May. 2, 2010

• As long as the child is only getting breast milk it doesn't matter how they get it. If you ever need to start supplementing with formula because of supply issues that are common with exclusively pumping then that would not be. If you are asking for some sort of advice on here though then you should mention that you exclusively pump and the babe gets no formula since it may be pertinent to the answers. I personally commend any woman who does that. I worked full time while DH was a SAHD and I pumped for my little one while at work and I could not imagine doing it exclusively.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:29 AM on May. 2, 2010

• yeah
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:57 AM on May. 2, 2010

• yes :)
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 10:26 AM on May. 2, 2010

• No, not in my opinion. I don't think there is anything wrong with it, but EBF means exclusive breast feeding, and IMO, you are not breast feeding. You ARE feeding breast milk. I'd say your child is drinking breast milk exclusively. Really though, what difference does the label make? In the long run, you are doing what's best for your family.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:37 AM on May. 2, 2010

• Yup
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:45 AM on May. 2, 2010

• Yes, If little one is getting nothing but Momma milk, it doesn't matter if it comes from the tap or bottle! Good for you! I couldn't keep up with pumping exclusivly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on May. 2, 2010