Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spring Clean/Fix Up Question

How Can I "Clean Up/Repair?" Scuffed Lacquered Furniture, mainly arms and legs? Thank you, in advance.

Answer Question

Asked by DOIOU2 at 7:32 AM on May. 2, 2010 in Home & Garden

Level 4 (34 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • Lacquered furniture is tough to repair, but you COULD try those "furniture markers" to try and disguise the scratches. Being that the scratches are on less conspicuous places--the arms and legs, filling them in will at least not draw attention to them.

    If possible, try moving the furniture so that the damaged arms and legs are facing a wall/corner, or in the case of a dining room set, place the "bad" chairs on the side that you don't see when you enter the room.

    You can buy the furniture markers at places like Bed Bath and Beyond (also online). You might also want to try Murphy's Oil Furniture Refinisher--I've used it on hardwood floors. It soaks into the wood to turning the light colored wood from the scratch turning it darker, then I use the marker on top after it's dried.

    Not perfect, but it works! :o)

    Answer by LoriKeet at 7:49 AM on May. 2, 2010

  • For lacquered furniture, I've used nail polish. It's glossy, it comes in a zillion colors, and it's cheap. Oh, and it hides chips pretty well!

    Answer by SWasson at 11:09 AM on May. 2, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.