Doing it alone...

Just found out DH is going to get deployed next year. We knew it was coming but last we were told was 2012. Apparently his unit got requested so they bumped it. He leaves next July and will be back November, December. It is a short deployment, but its our first, and we are having baby number three this year and I'm terrified. When he leaves, our DS will be 4, DD almost 2 and DD almost 1. I'm a SAHM and will probably remain one. And the timing sucks. He's going to miss DD's first bday, and the others second bday (both are in July) going to miss out on DS starting Pre-k in august, and our anniversary in November (won't be back before it). I guess not to much of a question, just venting, maybe looking for advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on May. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Advice: the birthdays can be celebrated early. Make sure you have play dates with another mom to keep you sane and to give you someone to talk to. If you have family near you, that will be helpful... but really, it's only a few months.. the beginning will go quick.. and it drags at the end.. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on May. 2, 2010

• take lots of pictures. You can chat on skype, or any messanger service. Join a play group, if you have not already. Be proactive. for me the busier I am the faster it goes. Make sure if he asks for something SEND IT TO HIM....I think that is my biggest pet peeve, when I would hear how the SAHM didn't have time to get a package out for there husband!

We are nearing the end of a one yr deployment. My DD was only a month old when he left...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:45 AM on May. 2, 2010

• My husband has missed lots of birthdays and all of our "first day of schools" we have been together for 2 anniversaries and we have been together 6 years. He missed 2 adoption hearings and 2 births. Take lots of pictures and use skype if your able to.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:42 AM on May. 2, 2010