tummy troubles

does the sagging skin from pregnancy ever tighten up with exercise? I have about an inch of skin/blubber hanging... starting the gym tomorrow...any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on May. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• well, it's been over a year and a lot of exercise and eating right from me... and I have almost no hope left. I know my sister in law has a flat stomach again... but she's now flat everywhere! Her body fat percentage is like 10% ugh.

I think i have about 30lbs to go before I'll see my skin tighten up (and I'm only 10lbs overweight).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on May. 2, 2010

• I've always been told that you should tone while your losing weight...and your skin takes time to "shrink" back...
    but I know how you feel because I'm preggo with #4 and I've had this since my last pregnancy (twins). I'm hoping because i'm young that my skin will be a little more willing to work with me, and maybe by a miracle that it's still got elasticity...but if I do all that I can and it doesn't ever go back to "normal" then at least I can say that i've done everything. (besides surgery)...
    Everyone is different though. Good luck to you and all you do! xoxo
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on May. 2, 2010

• Thanks guys! My daughter is only 3 months old so I know its still early but like u said.... HOPE!!! :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on May. 2, 2010

• I don't know the answer to your question, but I'm trying my hardest too. So, I HOPE it works.
    Good Luck. I start the gym tomorrow.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:12 AM on May. 2, 2010

• only 3 months! i think as far as your skin goes it is helpful to not lose the weight too soon, so your skin has a chance to catch up. eating foods like nuts seeds, avocados and fish have the essential oils that are good for skin elasticity.
    congratulations on your baby!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:47 AM on May. 2, 2010