plz plz plz can any1 help me out of this prob,my kid still not potty trained?

hez 2yrs 10mnths old.all relatives jus irritating me y hez nt potty trained yet....m so confuse what to do,i ve tried a quite of things...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on May. 2, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You need to tell your family to back off. You are his mom and you are doing what ever you think you need to do to make him a happy well adjusted child. There are many tactics. I would try to find the Mommy rescue guide to potty training. It gave me a few extra tips that I hadn't even thought about. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:42 AM on May. 2, 2010

• they're just being family, they butt into everything because you didn't do it their way. it's not too late for him to be potty trained so you should do what you have to. if you rush things too much than it could make things worst rather than better. just watch for when he's most likely to go to the bathroom and put him on the potty when you think he's ready to go. OH and no pull ups unless you're going out. it's just like a diaper so kids don't feel like they don't need to pee in it. nothing worked for my son until we took away him pull ups and diapers and just trashed it all. PUT HIM IN BIG BOY UNDERWEAR!! he'll realize that it's nasty to pee on yourself lol
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 9:45 AM on May. 2, 2010

• At that age I wouldn't worry, we didn't even start our boys seriously potty training til they were 3 and 4. They are now 4 and 5, we didn't start them earlier because they just weren't ready, when we did start, we took away the diapers, no pull-ups no training pants. It took them about 2-3 months, the older one still has some night time issues, mostly because he sleeps very soundly.

We went through the same thing with family, DH told his mom that they weren't her boys and to mind her own business. lmao Yeah, she didn't talk to us for a while.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 9:50 AM on May. 2, 2010

• You son is NOT far behind in potty training!!! Boys generally take longer to train than girls. Unless your family (the ones giving you a hard time) are changing his diapers, then it's none of their business!

Look, my children both of my boys have Autism, and Autistic children are SUPPOSED to be VERY difficult to train--and yes, some are, but I had both of my boys FULLY day and night trained by the time they turned 4--so it CAN be done!

It will take A LOT of patience and CONSTANT follow up and follow through for several weeks straight to get your child FULLY trained to where you don't have to remind them, but the "pay off" will be WORTH IT! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:01 AM on May. 2, 2010

• Where is he going potty? If he is going in diapers, take them away!!! He will have no choice but to go in a potty or wet his pants. It may sound like a pain and messy but it works. And if you take them away, do NOT go back to them!! And to the posters who think he is too old and shouln't be potty trained yet, I disagree, he is plenty old to know how to go potty and the only reason he doesn't is because you don't make him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on May. 2, 2010

• Both my boys were not trained until after the age of 3 - and I am a child development consultant.... This is TOTALLY normal, particularly for boys. One of the books I read had a checklist, and one of the items was "whose agenda is this, yours or the child's?" - children are not always cooperative when it is your agenda and not theirs. Trust me on this one - totally back off right now. Don't even mention it to him. Have the potty in an accessible place, either in the morning or bathtime, let him be naked for a little while, and see if he uses the potty on his own. After a week of no pressure, try again, or if he initiates, take his lead. Sometimes, you have to let the horse lead you to water - then he just might drink... It's human nature not to want to do something other people want you to do. And get used to family members interfering - it's their little way of feeling superior... Good luck...
    LisaLulu

Answer by LisaLulu at 10:49 AM on May. 2, 2010

• some boys are hard! My son did not get pee down till like 3 yr 2 weeks! The poop was like hell. He was constipated so that made it harder but close to 4 1/2! His sister 2 1/2 completely trained. All kids are different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on May. 2, 2010

• make a game of it you can try putting cherrios in the potty and have him try and hit his mark also another thing i use to do with the boys was while sitting on the potty run a little water and sing they loved itsy bitsy spider

playerjoycehe13

Answer by playerjoycehe13 at 11:44 AM on May. 2, 2010

• My son was 4 before he potty trained...tell your family to back off-he will do it when he is ready!!!
    Anonymous

• blame disposable diapers. kids cant feel when they're wet
    coralbeth

Answer by coralbeth at 1:08 PM on May. 2, 2010