I saw a post from yesterday that really ticked me off!!

Does anyone else think it's disgusting to see parents kissing their kids on the mouth?
If you do it please tell me why you arn't concerned about germs and what age is the child too old to kiss on the mouth? Don't get defensive please.... I'm just asking.

My response is... Do you know how many germs they come in contact with all day everyday!! I don't think kissing your children on the mouth will kill them.... Do you kiss your dh/so on the mouth? You will kiss them on the mouth but not your own precious children b/c "you will spread germs" let's all be just a little silly!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on May. 2, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I see nothing wrong with kissing my babies on the mouth and I will continue to do it until eventually they told me it's "uncool" or embarrassing lol.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:45 AM on May. 2, 2010

• I do but mine is 2. I will not kiss her on the mouth when she thinks that she is too old to be kissed by her mom. She kisses daddy this way. NO she doesn't come into any more germs a day then we do. She stays home with us. We both work from home so where is she going to get anything?
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:40 AM on May. 2, 2010

• I kiss my babies on the mouth and don't think anything about it. That's just how it is in our house. As far as germs go, obviously we don't kiss if someone has been sick. That's just common sense. Kiss your kids, don't kiss your kids. It's no skin off my apple!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 9:41 AM on May. 2, 2010

• Really?! Now kissing your loved ones on the lips is "taboo?!" As long tongues aren't involved, I'm not seeing the problem! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:44 AM on May. 2, 2010

• I never did it, nor do I let my stepboys kiss me on the mouth. For me it has nothing to do with germs, I just think it's sort of gross. To me kissing someone on the mouth is an extension of a sexual relationship, something you do not have with a child.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 9:46 AM on May. 2, 2010

• Daisy it just merely shows your child love and affection... Kissing doesnt have to be sexual. Of course there are diifferent ways to kiss... but I kiss my kids and there is absolutely NOTHING
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 9:49 AM on May. 2, 2010

• sexual about it...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

• It's not like your making out with your child, or holding the kiss on the lips. that would be wierd. If your just pecking them really quick then it's not that big of a deal. I don't think i've ever thought about it...sometimes it's on the cheek, and sometimes it's on the lips.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on May. 2, 2010

• I agree with daisy. I will not kiss my baby on the mouth. I do not kiss my friends on the mouth or other family members. That is an act saved for people I am sexually involved with, and has been this way my whole life.
    I think it's creepy to begin with, but it ends up creepier to me after the toddler years.
    Kisses on the face/cheeks are fine by me though.
    ohsmush

Answer by ohsmush at 9:50 AM on May. 2, 2010

• yes, but if you are with your child 24/7 like I am more than likely you are exposed to the same germs your child is. Yes I understand what you are talking about. You can kiss DH/SO, but not your child because you are worried about germs, but kissing your DH/SO you are still getting germs from him. Everyone has germs. The person that posted that question yesterday I hate to see when she goes out in public she probably uses a glove to touch things because she is worried about germs. I mean if she wont kiss her own kids because of germs.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:01 AM on May. 2, 2010