my 22 month old doesnt want to sleep...ever!! help please

I have no clue why he isn't sleeping!! my son is going to be 22 months on the 11th... i have tried putting him down every time he rubs an eye but he will nap for only 30 mins and wakes up wide awake...usually all together he gets about 2hours of naps a day...then he goes to bed at 8....he used to sleep through till 7am but now he is waking up at 1-3 wanting to play but luckily i get him back down and then he wakes up at 6 the latest....yesterday my dad watched him and he didn't nap at all and he still woke up in the middle of the night and woke up at 630.....I want to cry that he isn't sleeping...any ideas!!?

8firsttimemom8

Asked by 8firsttimemom8 at 10:23 AM on May. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is the waking up in the middle of the night a new thing? If so he could be getting some of his molars in, I always have a hard time with my kids when they get there teeth in. If thats not it I have no idea. Wish I could help, my dd stopped taking naps around that time though, and it helped her sleep better through the night.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 11:14 AM on May. 2, 2010

• oh no poor mommy! Maybe he is done with naps but maybe let him skip a nap one day and see if he sleeps better at night.You may have to experiement with some things to get him to sleep. Try warm baths at night and trying to keep night time calm.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on May. 2, 2010

• I know that when his father watched him he didn't sleep through the night even without naps. However, trust me on this one. My son did the same thing here recently. I did this for a few days with my son and it worked after the second day. I decided that he wasn't going to get a nap and we were going to be as active as possible. That night he did wake up at 4am, but the next nights after that he slept through. So don't be discouraged if it doesn't work the first night, it can take a couple nights to get them back on the right schedule. Make sure that he's getting enough to eat during the day and if it helps give him a healthy snack an hour before bed. Like a Banana. Make sure he's warm enough at night, dry before going to bed, and he has his favorite stuffie/blanket if he has one.

So for a few days skip the naps, keep him well fed, as active as possible (Especially outside play, that tends to wear them out), warm, and dry.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:44 AM on May. 2, 2010