How often are you sick?

I have been a mom for 15 yrs... I can count the number of times I have been sick. I know that kids pick stuff up and bring it home but do you catch EVERY thing they get?

The kissing post got me curious. I suppose if I constantly got sick I would be VERY concerned about germs.... so Im just curious if that is the reason so many are afraid to kiss their own children.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on May. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I've only ever gotten colds, and maybe 2 times a year. That's it. No flu, no nothing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on May. 2, 2010

• I'm a nurse. LOL. I hardly ever get sick anymore. I work in a daycare/preK. It amazes me the number of adults who get sick and blame it on work. HEY PEOPLE, WASH YOUR HANDS!!!! lmao....I can laugh, I guess because I must have my immunity built up....then the H1N1 flu struck (I didn't get it).....but it's still lurking.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 11:05 AM on May. 2, 2010

• I get genuinely ill once, maybe twice a year, maybe "a little under the weather" for a day or two every couple of months. I'm not afraid to kiss my kid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on May. 2, 2010

• I'm not afraid to kiss my children, I just think it's innappropriate to kiss them on the lips. Lip kissing is a romantic gesture and I have absolutely no (and will never) romantic feelings for my children.

Since I've been a mother I have been sick with a cold maybe once. Sick with sinus .. well that is seasonal allergies, so I guess that doesn't count. I haven't had the flu in years, so I don't even know. I do not catch everything my son has caught. Though in the last 19 months he's only been sick twice.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:12 AM on May. 2, 2010

• Jazz... THAT answer I can understand. We all have different 'clutural' views on lip kisses. What we have been brought up to see as appropriate and inappropriate. I can fully respect that view.

I just found it odd that people wouldnt kiss their children out of a fear of germs.

OP

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on May. 2, 2010

• I catch more from my kids at school then my own. Parents who send their children to school sick because they are afraid of the "20 day" rule just infect the entire classroom.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:18 AM on May. 2, 2010

• Jess - What is the "20 day rule"?

OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on May. 2, 2010

• maybe twice a year and it's just seasonal allergies
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:22 AM on May. 2, 2010

• Hardly EVER. I also kiss my babies ;).You get sick from touching grocery carts,bathroom,touching items in a store that a sick person touched.I LOVE my children..they get kisses.THAT is not romantic..thats just love :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on May. 2, 2010

• i usually get one cold a year. i do find that with most of my pregnancies i do get a stomach virus...almost 36 weeks now, and i haven't had a stomach thing yet : ), but i have had 3 colds with this pregnancy :(
    i don't think i have ever had the flu.
    my kids usually get 1 cold a year too.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:26 AM on May. 2, 2010