Christian street preacher has been arrested after saying that homosexuality was sinful? Could this happen in the US?

Dale Mcalpine was handing out leaflets to shoppers when he told a passer-by and a gay police community support officer that, as a Christian, he believed homosexuality was one of a number of sins that go against the word of God.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1270364/Christian-preacher-hooligan-charge-saying-believes-homosexuality-sin.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on May. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The direction this country is headed, it may one day.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:37 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I sure hope so.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:41 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I sure hope so.

You hope they arrest someone for Freedom of Speech? Seriously? WOW...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:54 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Thank God this wasn't over here, but still. I hope not. Some people say some pretty offensive cr** even on here, but I will fight to protect their right to do so.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:58 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Unfortunately our country is one where there's freedom of speech unless you're a Christian speaking the truth.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 1:01 PM on May. 2, 2010

Actually what you speak is not truth it is opinion and beliefs and no one is stopping you just like no one is stopping me from telling you my opinion.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 1:09 PM on May. 2, 2010

• He's free to say whatever he wants, just like I'm free to say he's a brainwashed, bigoted god-slave who likes to use his book of mythology to justify his twisted hate.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 1:09 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Actually what you speak is not truth it is opinion and beliefs and no one is stopping you just like no one is stopping me from telling you my opinion.

What is sad is if onesided wonders like ObbyDobbie had their way, Freedom of Speach would be limited to one side of an argument.. The opposing side would end up arrested.. Who gets to determine the side that is allowed to be spoken? Why would anyone want that slippery slope to be legal? Pathetic,,,

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:12 PM on May. 2, 2010

• If Howard Stern can say whatever the crap he wants to say, then Christians or anyone else should have the right to voice their opinions. It is no more offensive than some of the stuff he says. And yes I do believe we could be headed that way, when you have comments like the one ObbyDobbie made.
    Anonymous

• Our sad & sorry government leadership is quickly coming up with laws & bills restricting what preachers can say from the pulpit, all in the name of "tolerance". Sorry, but God's word, which is the ultimate truth, trumps everything else.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 1:36 PM on May. 2, 2010