ugghh i just found out my brother is moving down here..

im so not happy about it, he is a big time mooch and going to staying with my for a while, if thats not bad enough his girlfriend hates his ex wife and i remained friends with the ex wife, the problems between her and my brother are just that, and i see no need to pick sides i get along with the ex wife really well and i know once my brother's gf finds out she will be starting drama. and i also cant stand my brother's kids, they arent disciplined and are mean as hell and like to beat on animals, when they came down for visits i had to lock my cats in the upstairs bathroom to prevent them from gettin tortured and my mom is tryin to talk me into babysitting those heathens...so the drama is already starting with that. i dont want them over here without their parents, i watched them one time for about 20 minutes while bro&gf went out and it ended badly CON

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on May. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Just stand your ground and tell them that you dont want to watch the children, and explain to them that you have different view points on parenting. As far as being friends with the ex that is your choice, she hasnt done anything to you and the problems with your brother and the ex are between them. The gf needs to get over it because that is the life she chose when she decided to be with someone who had a past with someone else. It is not going to go away or change just because she is in his life now. I come from a a whole family of drama loving people, and that just is not me and I dont like having it apart of my life. So I limit the contact and problems to as little as possible. In the end it just comes down to standing your ground!
    Anonymous

• op here

their oldest was 6 at the time and she shoved my 3 yr down and took his chips and siad that he took them from her then she hit him, so i took away the chips and put her in time out and she started screaming bloody murder and when her mom got home she told her that i hit her when i didnt, i explained what happened and my bro and his gf said well thats not how we do it, we would of let her have the chips and got some more for the other child...thats when i decided that is the last time i watch her kids...i dont tolerate bullying and if she wanted chips she should of asked not just take..
    i dreading them to move here i know its gonna be one problem after another both my brother and his gf love drama
    any thoughts?
    Anonymous

• WHY?

why is he staying with you? you are not responisble to take his mooching bumm in.
    Anonymous

• op here
    no he isnt stayin here but it wont matter....he is like a cancer and his gf is the same...my mom is already pissed cause i wont watch their kids. they are just drama people..i guess you would have to know them or these type of people to understand
    Anonymous

• Well, you told him he could stay in your house, so you have to deal with that, but you can say that you didn't enjoy watching their kids last time and that you refuse to do it this time. Simple as that. You could have done the same thing when they asked to stay.. but you're kinda past the point of saying no if they're already coming.
    Anonymous

• op here

they arent staying with me they are stay at my moms....there is no way in hell would i let them stay here
    Anonymous

• try to stay FAR away from them! are the kids his exwife's or the gfs? if they are the exwife's, maybe try talking to her about how the kids behave and help her set some discipline/boundaries? but i'm thinking they are the girlfriend's kids, not the ex wife's.

but yea- i'd stay far away from them. try not to engage in any conversations or anything with them. and definitely do NOT watch the kids! they sound horrible. the first sign of a serial killer? harming/killing animals at a young age.
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 12:57 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Set down boundaries. No visits without parents. Don't enable him. Make him carry his own weight. He'll get pissed and leave you alone.
    Anonymous

• The other posters are right... stay away from them as much as possible. When you can't avoid them then keep conversation to very broad topics. Stick to your guns about not babysitting. It is too bad we can't choose our family but we can choose how we deal with them.
    Tawanda74

Answer by Tawanda74 at 2:18 PM on May. 2, 2010