I am a 42 years old, mother of 2. I have put on about 20 pounds in the last 2 years. How do I lose that? and also, I have a lot of belly fat? Help!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on May. 2, 2010 in Health

• I too am 42... and for the first time in my life I am over weight. I am about 10 lbs heavier than I was a couple years ago... but I have lost the muscle and have gained some softness (I hate the F-- word)... so I know it will be harder to get back to what I want to be.

Im working out again... Im turning my whole life around to fit in a work out a day. I figure I may never look like I looked in my 20s but if I work out and eat healthy I will look the best I can.

It does seem harder now than ever before.
    Anonymous

• My boss in college said before she hit 40, she was a size six... she was like a size 14 when she told me that. I guess it's the age. I would talk to your doctor about it. I would stop eating any sort of fast food or greasy food... and I would only eat organic things without high fructose corn syrup in it. That will help get rid of the belly fat. Make sure you're still exercising daily, it's very important especially as we get older. If you aren't exercising now, make sure to talk to your doctor about how to begin, because you may end up hurting yourself if you start something too strainuous. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• I am 43 (mother of 3). Last summer I lost 18 lbs. I used nutritional rebalancing/cleansing to lose weight and keep it off. Message me if you want more info.
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 10:06 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy

Answer by rkoloms at 10:16 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Run as much as you can. Start slow 3 minutes...every day add a minute until you condition your lungs to go further. Then walk-run walk run the rise & fall of your heartrate will burn a ton of fat. I have been working out and eating healthy for years. I gained 70 lbs. with my last pregnancy and 60 lbs. with my second pregnancy. Running has been the only thing that consistanrly works (and you don't have to diet blech-who wants to diet?) Try it-trust me it works and makes you feel great!
    flowermom76

Answer by flowermom76 at 12:45 AM on May. 3, 2010

• By the way-I went from a 6 to a 14 2 yrs. ago and lost it all this way within a year. Not dieting.
    flowermom76

Answer by flowermom76 at 12:47 AM on May. 3, 2010