Were you treated

Differently when you have medicade? I don't have it but my aunt does her husbands work doesn't offer insurance. Well While she was there the nurses were rude and didn't help her when she asked. She was in pain after her c-section and had to wait three hours to get her pain killers. she paged her nurse tons of times and her hubby asked for them and they still had to wait, then the nurse told her, " I will not be coming in here every time you beep, so if you need something just page me once and let me know what you need."
Were you treated badly on medicade?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on May. 2, 2010 in Health

• I have not been on it but my sister has been for a while and has had 2 kids while on it. She never had any issues like that.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 9:28 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I was 19 , single and on Medicaid with my son. I did NOT get treated bad. They were overly sweet and kind and killing me with kindness....offered up some place to help with baby stuff and carseat. I had to tell them, I already bought all that, but, thanks. LOL I guess they assumed I had nothing and no knowledge of handleing babies. It was rather amuseing.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:06 PM on May. 2, 2010

• in my experience i've always been treated like crap on the mother-baby unit. and i have had 1 without any insurance and 2 with good insurance. i think it was just the nurses being lazy and mean imo.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:09 PM on May. 2, 2010