Is youre child a pyro?

My six year old is. We have bon fires once a week at the mils. My ds just loves to sit there by the fire and loves to throw wood in the fire. Tonight we had one and ran out of wood so he ran in the house and got some of his grandmas shelfs and brought them out and wanted to put them in! We told him we could not burn them because they are grams good shelfs. He said "but they are wood" LOL it was so funny

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on May. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• nope- my kids were freaked out by fire.

*I had a friend who's kids had both been burned pretty badly in a fire started by thier friend. Very sad
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:24 PM on May. 2, 2010

• How is that funny that your kid did that?
    Anonymous

• umm a pyro do you know what that means?
    It means fire so you are asking is your child a fire. :-)
    I think you wanted the word pyromaniac which your son is not... since he is not a firestarter.

He is a firewatcher. :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:33 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Yes, and my 2 year old freaks me out with it. No more candles for us!
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:11 PM on May. 2, 2010

• not my kids but my Husband is. We recently went to a wedding and as part of his duties for the wedding he was asked to light the candles...I was asked by the grooms grandfather to follow him and make sure he only lit the candles...he had a BAD reputation for starting fires when he was little...He once lit a gas station dumpster on fire (he was like 10 years old then) and there are tons of other stories I've heard about since that wedding
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 3:17 PM on May. 2, 2010

• My son use to be-when he was about 10-12. He kept a "burn" log and everything. I was a pediatric burn ICU nurse at the time. He drove me crazy. He has since moved on, and at 19 fire no longer fascinates him-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:33 PM on May. 2, 2010

• My son is obsessed with anything fire-related (trucks, ffighters, rescue trucks, hydrants, smoke detectors, etc) but is kinda frightened by it at the same time. Luckily, he doesn't play with anything in a negative way - it's always a rescue way.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 8:56 PM on May. 2, 2010