So my "friend" is cheating on her DH...and she's blaming me for her getting caught...

Ok, I love my friend to death. She's an awesome person to be friends with, but a nightmare with men. I'd NEVER hook any of my guy friends up with her. She has cheated on every single guy she's ever dated since she was 13. So now she's married. She's 22, he's 56. They're having problems. She's been running around on him for a while now. Last night she sent me a text saying she was meeting up with a guy at a bar. This morning she texted me about 9 saying she spent the night with him but "nothing happened". I responded at 11:30 and said "Oh bull! You expect me to believe you spent the night with him and nothing happened? lol." So her DH say the text and is now wanting to leave her. (of course!) And she's blaming me! She said I shouldn't have responded to her text. WTH??? How was I suppose to know? So, should I feel bad, or did she have it coming?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on May. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• she's putting the guilt on YOU rather than herself. she needs to grow up.

its not worth it to YOU to be a friend to a person like that.
    Anonymous

• Sorry, but she deserves what she gets. She should not have sent you that message in a text, if she didn't want you to respond with a text. Why would you still be friends with a woman who has so little respect for herself and her SO?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:46 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Oh please. I hope you don't feel any guilt with this one. She can't expect you to cover up and keep up with all of her lies. She would just have to be mad at me. This was bound to happen.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:48 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I would drop her as a friend. I hold my friends to a higher standard of morality than that... I can not even imagine keeping a person of such low morals in my life. You would be better off with out her around.

Anonymous

• She made her "bed" let her sleep in it. What kind of a friend involves their friends with their lying and deceit? There are many layers of bad in this situation if I were you I would stay away from her and her drama. JMO

Tawanda74

Answer by Tawanda74 at 2:59 PM on May. 2, 2010

• THAT is wrong. You didn't have anything to do with her having an affair. I would dump a friend for blaming me. I think that was the universe stepping in and letting Karma do her thing. You did nothing wrong.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:26 PM on May. 2, 2010

• i think Karma finally settled it for her. it wasnt your fault but Karma used you so she would get caught and maybe straighten her life out finally. It prolly wasnt meant to be if he does leave her. He prolly didnt trust her if he's looking through her phone like that anyway
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:50 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Just be happy its not your burden to carry anymore. She doesnt seem like a very nice person anyway- if her being a cheat ends your friendship, she wasnt a very good friend to begin with.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 6:01 PM on May. 2, 2010

• She's 22, he's 56. - well there's the start of the problem What the???
    Look she might be awesome but she isn't a friend, and she is bad news. I think sometimes we become friends with someone and we just never reassess the friendship. Really think about her- does she treat you well ( nope- she blames you for her mess) is she someone you can admore ( I hope your answer is no here, this behaviour is not clever) would you want her to influence your children, or be someone your children turn to for advice.
    If you have three no's there then she needs to be let go!
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 6:36 PM on May. 2, 2010

• admire
    myheartx4