Do you ever feel like "the best days of your life" are over

I mean, here I am online. Hubby and oldest are tubing. I am with my 3 year old watching Max and Ruby, with a TON of house work. I'm not saying my life is bad, I live my kids. But I feel like the fun, romance, good youthful looks, and general thrill of life is gone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on May. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• That's only if I chose it to be.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 3:07 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I always feel the best is yet to come.

Answer by older at 3:08 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Yes, as I'm firmly established in my middle age, post menopausal and youngest is now teenager. Two kids grown, two to go!
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 3:09 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I'm in the same situation. I feel like no matter what I do, it'll never be like it was. I have 4 kids and I turned 25 yesterday, and although i'm a young mother, i'll be a young mom retiree lol Hopefully then or when the kids are older I can gain even just a little bit of freedom back. I'm also going back to school, but of course, hubby's schooling comes first because he's the one bringing home the bacon for the rest of us...so i'm trailing behind him.
    I think my life could "suck" in a lot of ways, or I can look at it as being the challenge for this time in my life. Best thing to do is to get a hobby, and make the best of your life.
    Anonymous

• HELL NO. Im 41 and LOVING LIFE. I have learned that it just continues to get better and better and better. You couldnt pay me to go back in time. The best times are yet to come. The key is to find the best in every stage of life. I have teenagers and some days it is harder than others to find the good... but I love this stage. They are so fun to talk to ... they have real opinions and thoughts. And marriage is soooo much better with time... like a good wine it just gets better with age.

Anonymous

• Nope! I'm only 21 though. I enjoy my daily life taking care of my lo's, and even knowing that when I'm 40 and in my 'middle age' I will have a clean house so to speak:)
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 3:13 PM on May. 2, 2010

• no way. my best days haven't even begun and are not even close to happening yet. i am 23 and i don't think your best days happen until your around 35-40. because thats when you have wisdom, maturity and you should be finanically secure. plus by the time i get to these ages my kids should be going off the college. once they move out i gonna party like i was 23 again
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 3:14 PM on May. 2, 2010

• It's all in your attitude.  I'm 46, my kids are teenagers so my husband and I have been taking advantage of our new found independence.  We have built back up a social life and re-connected on a whole new level.  I look and feel fabulous because I ditched the frump from the baby years now that I have time to devote to myself.

It's easy to lose yourself when your kids are young but they do grow up.  You just have to persevere, it will all be worth it in the long run.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:19 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I think that our lives are what we make them, but I do understand what you mean. There have been times in my life where I have had more fun and felt happier, but I know that there are many more good times to come. Life changes, we evolve and age... that is just the way it is. I personally get ants in my pants for adventure especially this time of year. I have planned a two week trip at the end of the month, and that will be a fun change of pace and will give me some good memories and will also give me time away to miss my husband, my home, my town, etc. (I am taking my son with me).
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:20 PM on May. 2, 2010

• OP--You're just in a rut. All throughout life we go through "highs and lows." Life cannot possibly be one big old party, there has to be some "down time." Why aren't you out at the park, zoo, etc with your little one, enjoying the day?! There will ALWAYS be housework! Do a little, then enjoy the rest of the day--every day! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:21 PM on May. 2, 2010