how often are saunograms wrong?

i'm convinced i'm pregnant with a boy. My first was a girl and everything in this pregnancy is different than with my daughter. My belly shape the migraines, everything points to a boy pregnancy. And I don't know, a feeling in my gut i guess. so i this is the third saunogram i do and the first time it showed.I was just wondering who had experiences with the babies proving the docs wrong.

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 3:07 PM on May. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• What?
    jamiethornton26

Answer by jamiethornton26 at 3:10 PM on May. 2, 2010

• My doctor told me she was 80% sure it was a girl. Did your doctor say what likelihood it was a girl? Every pregnancy is different, my mom had 8 kids, 4 boy/4 girl.. and she said every single one felt different.. so what you're feeling is just a different baby.. not necessarily a different gender. Good luck .
    Anonymous

• With my second I convinced myself it was a girl, because all of my symptoms were different from my first pregnancy which resulted in a boy.
    I will tell you now, that I have had three completely different pregnancies and three boys, so the pregnancy symptoms really have nothing to do with what sex child you are having.
    If the u/s said it is a girl, it is likely a girl.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:13 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Well, you'll find out when the baby is born! LOL :o) I didn't want to find out. In both cases I was sure it was a girl...ended up with two boys (which is what I wanted!) I don;t know why everyone wants to know what they're having ahead of time--aside from decorating the nursery--does it really change anything? Why not just enjoy your pregnancy and anticipate ONE surprise?! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:17 PM on May. 2, 2010

• differnt symptoms dont mean anything. every pregnancy is different and unfortunately alot of times that "gut feeling" is very wrong. if you have it in your head its one thing then youre going to force yourself to have that gut feeling. A sonogram is accurate, as long as the person controlling the machine is good at their job. If you dont believe them, hold out on buying clothes, but my bet is that the sonogram is accurate, and the gut feeling is probably not, and I say this because I know many many people that didnt believe their ultrasound, because they just "knew" but they were very wrong.
    Anonymous

• Lorikeet I love you for saying that!!!I didnt find out with my daughter and I am not finding out with this pregnancy either and people give me sooo much crap about it!! I agree with you 100% , enjoy the pregnancy and pray for a happy healthy baby, wahts between their legs is the least of my concerns! lol
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 3:20 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I have been pregnant 4 times (3 were boys, 1 was a miscarriage)  and I can tell you that each of my pregnancies have been  different from one another.    Pregnancy  symptoms don't mean anything except that you are indeed pregnant (meaning- they can't predict  its a girl pregnancy or a boy pregnancy). As for Sonograms I imagine it would depend on certain factors, like the experience of the person doing it, and the position of the baby (the view you get of the baby). The only way to have a 100% accurate determination of the sex is amniocentesis. 

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:43 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Sonogram.

Anonymous

• ANON 3:53 was that necessary?? If you want to teach spelling and English do it at a school not on here!!! That is so rude!!!
    Anonymous

Not rude, just showing the correct spelling. Get over yourself.
    Anonymous