divorced or separated mamas

Do/did you ever start feeling like you wanted to get back together with the person, like you still loved them? I've been feeling like that lately even though he's still the same loser: (a funny sweet charming pot head that does nothing all day), he was when I kicked him out...if not worse. IDk if I'm just lonely or if this is something I should explore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on May. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Hmm... I've known a lot of potheads. Did he work? I know a guy who works full time and smokes pot from the time he gets home til bed... they can still work. If he's not helping you support the kids and he's just another mouth to feed.. I would go with your first instinct and keep him out of your life. But if you still love him and he's willing to help out (maybe not work then watch the kids and keep the house clean and cook) then I would consider getting back with him.
    I know for a fact that people do a lot better without bums in their life, but sometimes just coming home to the same kind face is all someone needs to be happy. And being happy is all that matters... were you happy with him?
    Anonymous

• Nope. i worked VERY hard to get him out of my life!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:15 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Then put the past where it belongs! And move on.... go out and meet new people! If you're lonely.. go find someone that deserves you!
    Anonymous

• Yes, I think about not getting divorced from my hubby all the time. And then, he opens his mouth to say something that reminds me of why I gotta stay gone. Perhaps you're seeking familiar pain because of "fear of the unknown." While loneliness is a bitter pill to swallow, being in a miserable relationship is worse. Learn from your mistakes or they'll come back new and improved, same spirit, different face.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 3:37 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Yes and I looked into it and read where it's some sort of relationship addiction. It's not healthy. I ended up moving 3 states away so I wouldn't get pulled back in to that mess out of loneliness or boredom or whatever. Just keep looking forward and not backward. If you see yourself getting weak, come here. One of us will grab your hand and pull you along life's path.
    Anonymous

• My ex-husband was abusive and had an alcohol problem. I didn't divorce him because I didn't love him, I divorced him because he physically hurt me, emotionally hurt me, and mentally put me through so much stress that I couldn't function normally. There were a few times I DID go back...and it was the same as before. When I walked away for good, I still loved him, and thought about it, but was determined to make a better life for me, and our children. Eventually time healed my wounds, and I moved on. Now, we're able to be friends. He's remarried, as am I, and we've had lots of time to put this behind us and focus on what's important...our kids. Now, they have a great step mom, and step dad, and we're all happy with our lives. Time is all it takes. One day at a time, you'll feel at peace, and your feelings will fade.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 11:54 AM on May. 3, 2010