If the Federal Government would do their job, states would not have to step in?

PHOENIX -- Authorities have captured 17 suspected illegal immigrants in southern Arizona as they continued their manhunt Saturday for smugglers who they say shot and wounded a sheriff's deputy in a remote desert area 50 miles south of Phoenix
-------------------------------------------------------------
Does anybody else wish the Federal Government would do their job?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on May. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes. I would love to see the federal government protect our people and our borders. That is one of the main requirements of the government.
    Anonymous

• wenona, if the Federal Government would have done their job in the first place Arizona wouldn't have had to step in.
    Anonymous

• wenona, doesn't the Federal Government have blame because they didn't do enough to protect the bordres? Otherwise why else would Arizona have had to go to this level?
    Anonymous

• Then you must not live in Arizona
    Anonymous

• Wenona-- Do you live in a border state? Anywhere near the border? Since AZ has been cracking down on illegals, the crime rate in PHX has dropped. The last 3 cops that I know of who have been killed during routine traffic stops were all killed by illegals. I know some people don't care about a cops life because they are criminals themselves, but they are people with families besides their job as law enforcement.

A couple years ago there was a SERIAL CHILD RAPIST breaking into homes while parents slept in the other room. Guess who he was? An illegal who California had already deported TWICE for being a drug smuggler. I guess that was his idea of coming here for a better life!
    Anonymous

• "Then you must not live in Arizona "

EXACTLY. Better yet, all these people who say they aren't afaid of illegals should go spend a day in Nogales, where they drive on the sidewalks and every other person you run into offers you forged prescriptions for drugs.
    Anonymous

• Yes, the federal government is charged with the duty of protecting it's citizens. They seem to be doing a bang up job at getting into everything but that.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:44 PM on May. 2, 2010

• My sister lives in Sierra Vista, AZ. Her house/automobile been broken into 5 times this year alone. 3 times were confirmed by illegals. The other 2 they have suspicion, but did not apprehend anyone. Now she carries a gun. Guess what, some illegals approached her at a stop light tried to open her car doors. She got her gun out, pointed at them. They laughed, and ran away calling her white bitch. Followed them with her car while my 18 year old niece in the passenger side called the cops. They detained them. Guess what? Illegals. She has had it. She is fully prepared to fight for what is hers. She has lived there for 35 years and never has it been this bad.

dandydiane

Answer by dandydiane at 4:47 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Like I said, what happened in New York scares me a lot worse.

Do you honestly think if those really were Pakistani Taliban that they were here legally? They most definitely did not declare the purpose of their visit at customs.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:50 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I love Mexican people, but illegals are a different story.

Put it this way. Lets say AZ is your house. It's one thing if someone knocks at the door and says, "may I come in?"

It's a much different story if you find someone coming in through your back porch window..
    earthmama727

Answer by earthmama727 at 4:50 PM on May. 2, 2010