pulling my hair out....

My husband , son, and I have been through so much lately. We started a business and it went completely under. We moved to a good job in another state but after a year decided to move back to be around family. So we burned those bridges with that job.
Well he got a job near family, then they cut his hours. He decided to go back to college for 2 years to get his degree so we could make it. Now we are near family but they SUCK!!! My sons grandparents live 18 miles away and have not come to see him once!!! They are crappy crappy crappy. My hsubands car broke down on hsi way back from school(2 hours away) and we now have only one car. He goes to school monday thru friday and works sat sun night shift. We barely make it. We moved into a house his old high school friend had moved out of and we are renting it. When we moved in they left it awful--dog poop all over the floor and a complete dirty disgusting mess.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on May. 2, 2010 in Money & Work

• So we finally get that all cleaned up and then have to get a repair man out to work on the a/c. He says that the heater is unsafe and someone rigged it and it could easily put carbon monoxide back into the house. Then we find mold growing in out cabinets. So we have to move out now but cannot becase we cannot afford to move again between the uhaul and coming up with first/last months rentsand deposit. The reason we are here is because it is really cheap. We have no extra money. My husbands sstepsister has 3kids and lives with his dad and they do everything for her kids but cannot even come see mine! I have no friends, no car and just sit here at home with my son with nothing to do. I am so depressed. I cant even go to church to meet ppl because no car and I have no clothes to wear either. I am pregnant and no one will hire me. Just venting I guess but would love to hear kind words.
    Anonymous

• And to make it harder we have to put our dog to sleep because this was like the only house that would allow us to have him (he is half pitbull) and even if we somehow come up with the money we cannot have him. I have tried to find him a home but he has arthritis and no one wants to deal with that. So I am really down. I feel the worst for my son-he has no friends at all and it makes me feel awful. My husband tries to find second jobs but with his college schedule no one will hire him for the hours other than the ones he already works. we used to make 50,000 a year and now we make about 12,000. its hard.
    Anonymous

• wow, i wish we made 12,000 all our bills would be paid!!
    Anonymous

• 12,000 a year is only 1000.00 a month which is hard to live on
    Anonymous

• Well, I feel ya with the money thing, times are tough for us, too. CLean the house and take steps forward. Have you met any friends yet?
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 8:41 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Wow, it sounds like things are really hard for you guys right now. I just wanted to start by saying how sorry I am that this has happened to you guys. If your husband is full-time in school right you, then your family is eligible for a number of benefits. First of all, you could take out some loans for living expenses just until you get to be more financially stable. You may also be eligible for things like food stamps. If you had $700 per month in food stamps would that help you out? Also, your husband could sign-up to take calls from home for a company like liveops or west at home. You can schedule your own hours, so he wouldn't have to worry about an employer looming over him and dictating his schedule. You may also consider working for a company like that because you can work from home.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:04 PM on May. 2, 2010

• 12,000 is nothing!!! oh I am so so sorry! Your luck sounds like mine maybe worse actually but we are in a rut I had to quit school because my sitter walked into a job that payed over 50,000 a yr and I could not find anyone with a weeks notice. My SO lost his job and was able to get another one with a pay cut so now I am a drop out (I will try to go back) but I am looking for work myself. I would see if you qualify for housing, food stamps. See what serfices are out there. You guys need them!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:49 AM on May. 3, 2010