Would you report this to your childs school? Question about pics with an assult rifle and grenades...

I was just looking at my kid's facebook page and noticed one of his friends replied to a post he made. I got curious because I felt it was a rather inappropriate comment he left, so I looked at his page. In his photos, there is a picture of himself holding a grenade. He is smirking. One of their other friends posted that he should blow up the school and they all lol'd it. In the next photo, he is holding an assault rifle and pointing it to the camera. His caption is something about blowing up the world.
I guess my question is if you would report any of this to the school or his parents?
I can tell you for sure, my son will not be hanging around him anymore! BTW...these are 13 year old kids we are talking about here, if that makes a difference. And this is their school has a very strict moral behavior policy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on May. 2, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I would probably notify the school if the weapons appeared real....possibly even the police. I know some might think I am over reacting, but given the history of school attacks in the past several years, I would find it hard to look the other way. I would be horrified if something did happen and I hadn't done or said anything.

Good luck with everything. I hope that it all turns out to be nothing.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 4:05 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I would report it to the school.
    warrenfamily95

Answer by warrenfamily95 at 4:06 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I definately would report it!! You never know what these kids are capable of these days... I wouldn't take any chances.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:07 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I agree. Report it, better safe than sorry...
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:08 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I would report it to the school and police because there is a threat out there against the school and society in general and you do not know if they are serious threats or not. The school should be aware to take precautions while the appropriate people look into the situation and determine if it is a real threat or just some kid trying to look tough. You don't need to call them up freaking out yelling, "The kid is gonna shoot up the school, OMG!!!" Just call them and tell them that you saw something on Facebook that has you concerned and think that it should be looked into just to be on the safe side.
    armycoppertop

Answer by armycoppertop at 4:16 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I'd report it to the police, if they wouldn't do anything I'd report it to the school.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:39 PM on May. 2, 2010

• How about printing out the pages and mailing it anonymously to the school.
    Anonymous