What steps should I take to regain my relationship with my children?

I'm in drug treatment for abusing drugs,and I need advice on how I get my children to trust me again this isn't the first time that I have been in rehab so I just need advice by a mother or mothers on how can I build my relationship back with my children? Please help me with this issue.

msflpeach77

Asked by msflpeach77 at 4:02 PM on May. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Baby steps for sure. Remembering to call them on thier birthday to say Happy Birthday. Remembering thier kids birthdays (if that's the case). Follow through with what you say. Be honest about your recovery.
    It will take a long time to trust you again, that you won't re-use. Best thing to do is to honor your commitments to them. Show them that they are more important than the drugs.
    I wish you all the best...I hope you get to a stable position in your life and with your children. *huge hugs* Best of luck.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 4:05 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Time is the only way I know. Good luck though. Don't get discouraged.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:35 PM on May. 2, 2010

• exactly what the other posts have said! God Bless you and keep going!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:56 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Kudos to you for going to rehab!! You got to go little steps at a time, show them that you are reliable by keeping to your word, if you say you are going to do something, don't let anything distract you and do it, keeping your word is important, little by little you will reach your goal, one step at a time.

Answer by older at 5:04 PM on May. 2, 2010