what do you do?

If a child (tween) keeps listing to you all the things that bible says you shouldn't do? And not for information, but more like to correct you in a passive aggressive manner? For goodness sake, his conception was against bible teachings. I wonder if his mother bothered to tell him that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on May. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• ITs not right for teens to be correcting adults, IMO. I understand you see this as a hypocritical situation and no one likes being preached AT. You can do all sorts of things. YOu can do nothing. You can tell him you dont appreciate being corrected by a teen. If you feel comfortable doing this, you can find a scripture of your own that supports how you feel and leave it open to him since he is interested in the bible.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:19 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Seeing as how I'm not Christian, I would simply explain it doesn't matter what the bible says, I'm an adult and no book gets to tell me what to do. And he has even less of a right... He's your son, don't take that. Period!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:34 PM on May. 2, 2010

• This is why I don't think children should be introduced to religion so young. They don't understand it and can use it for their needs to get away with things. I know my kids would they are very smart.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:40 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I think this is a stepson???????
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:45 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Why do you have to be around this child, is he a family member? I would tell him that I have my own beliefs and polietly tell him your not interested in what he has to say if he is going to be rude. Then give him your own Bible quotes.

Don’t be selfish; don’t live to make a good impression on others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourself. Don’t just think about your own affairs, but be interested in others, too, and in what they are doing. Philippians 2: 3-4 TLB

Stop being mean, bad-tempered, and angry. Quarreling, harsh words, and dislike of others should have no place in your lives. Instead, be king to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving you because you belong to Christ.
    Ephesians 4: 31-32 TLB

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:07 PM on May. 2, 2010

• This is why I don't think children should be introduced to religion so young.

I've exposed my kids to religion since they were born, but I also taught them to have good manners.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:09 PM on May. 2, 2010

• He needs to be taught the message of the cross... and the right way to point out a wrong. Kids see what parents do and monkey see monkey do no matter the age. He needs to understand the message of Grace and Mercy and that no matter the wrongs you have done God still loves you and him too. I would pray for my son, sit down and have a talk with him about how he is going about it.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:22 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Perhaps he's trying to sort out for himself what he believes but since he's going about it in a belligerent manner it's off-putting to you. Can you have a conversation with him and let him know that you'd be happy to discuss his concerns but only if he drops the attitude? If he's unwilling to do that, I'd tell him that the subject is off-limits.
    FrogSalad

Answer by FrogSalad at 6:17 PM on May. 2, 2010

• WHAT is he actually correcting you on? I am not Ok with a teen correcting an adult but I also think as a parent you should be pondering what he's seeing in you that's disturbing to him and whether or not it has some validity.
    Anonymous

• FYI: his conception being against bible teaching was not under his control.......please tell me you will not use that as ammunition....
    Sounds to me that this is muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch deeper than some words from the bible.
    Maybe try some family counseling.
    Anonymous