Baby shaking

Okay I have a 4 month old son and he shakes and I'm scared it may be a little seizure or somethin. It ususally happens while I'm feeding him, but it has happened a few other times while I wasnt feeding him. It only lasts for a few seconds. It's like his head shakes but barely enough to tell, I can just feel it when I'm holding him. And his hands shake a little. Yesterday his eyes were even shaking! Does anyone know if this is normal or could it be something serious?

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 4:08 PM on May. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• take him to the dr. not normal.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 4:16 PM on May. 2, 2010

• anything that worries you is something to be concerned about. my niece had something very similair to that. at first they thought nothing of it, but it got to a point where my sister got worried so she finally took her to the doctor. It did turn out to be seizures, she was about 3 months when they started and she is now a year old and has grown out of them completely. If you can, try to get a video of it. that way if you do go to the doctor they can see exactly what you are talking about. If he doesnt do it while your at the doc there is a chance they will tell you its nothing. this is what happened to my sister until they finally got a video of it and the doctor decided to do more tests. I dont think its anything to worry about too much. the shaking isnt violent which is good. he may just move funny sometimes. and is it is seizures most kids that have them grow out of them rather quickly!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 4:18 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Well I will surely tel his dr about it but more than likely he wil tell me it is nothing bc like u said he hasn't seen it so I will try to record it thanks.
    EheartsZ07

Answer by EheartsZ07 at 4:27 PM on May. 2, 2010

• no problem!! yes definitely definitely record it. And honestly if your doctor tells you its nothing, you dont have to be satisfied with that opinion, go and get a second and third opinion until they give you an answer, not a guess. If all of the doctors seem to have the same opinion thats a good thing, but you shouldnt have to just settle with one opinion. I hope you get an answer!! good luck!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 4:29 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Maybe my ped. Will run tests just to make me feel better bc we don't really have any good doctors around me!
    EheartsZ07

Answer by EheartsZ07 at 4:52 PM on May. 2, 2010

• This does not sound normal and should be taken up with the Dr. One thing you can do that may help is to try and keep track of when it happens and see if you can find a pattern, such as, is it more likely to happen when he is tired, when he just woke up, when he has just eaten, when he is really calm, really upset etc. Or, you may find no pattern, and that is information as well. That may help the Dr to more quickly pinpoint what may be going on.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:07 PM on May. 2, 2010

• This does not seem normal. Baby heads can wobble when not supported, but this does not sound like what you are saying. I would take baby to the doctor and if you are not satisfied with an answer, get a second opinion. An EEG, while sounding scary, might be the best thing to see what is going on.

Record every time it happens, what he is doing when it happens, and time it to the best of your ability. These are all things a doctor should ask about.

I have a child with epilepsy. He has only had 2 full on seizures, but looking back at his infancy, if I had reported a few things that were off, but not not quite "I need to ask the ped. about this" he might have been diagnosed earlier.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:28 PM on May. 2, 2010