Soemtimes I just want to run away... VENTING!

I'm just venting but sometimes.. I just want to run away. i have a 7 year old and a 1 year old, my 7 year old used to be respectful and kind but here lately he has had the worst attitude. he argues with me about EVERYTHING! it is so frustrating- I don't believe in spanking but sometimes I just want to beat his butt! my 1 year old is always crying/yelling because he is very demanding and doesn't get what he wants, meanwhile I have a husband that thinks that bcuz I'm a sahm I should do everything and he can come home and sit on the couch and do nothing!! I just want some peace! I have been looking to go back to work but have SOOO many mixed feelings on it.. I don't know what to do sometimes I just have to go in the other room and cry so I don't say somethings I'll regret... Am I the only mom that feels this way!!???? I don't know what to do anymore!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on May. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• You are not alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we all need a break now and then, going back to work will only add to your list of emotions, and guilt. Try to find someone who will take over for you at least once a week so you can be you for a day and relax, think of this day as your very much deserved day just for you, then do whatever pleases you, but do it away from the chaos!

Answer by older at 5:09 PM on May. 2, 2010

• i understand. I was going through the samething with my 8 yo. One day he came home to find that he no longer had toys or video games. the only thing in his room was a bed, clothes and a desk. He has had to earn ALL his privildges back. So far it has been working.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 5:10 PM on May. 2, 2010

• you must have my life...I have a husband who feels that because i am a stay at home mom I should do 100% of everything! UGHH!! yes it is frustrating as Hell!! to have a lazy man who will not back up the mom when the kids are given her problems. I have a 6 yr old son and I tell my husband he needs to back me up because if that boy gets worse, and becomes a monster of some type that I cannot control I will walk! My other daughters are 17 and 18 and you will not know stress until you have a bitchy know it all teen who will argue, or be negative and just miserable that your not making their life as perfect as their friends have it.
    my 6 yr gets what ever he wants and my husband tells me that he works hard for his money and his son deserves what ever he wants. Then the sole provider feels he can do as he pleases because he works hard...Yeah I do shit around here...everything takes care of itself! If you run I'm right behind you
    Anonymous

• You are NOT alone. i am a sahm and homeschool and days like today actually drain me. but then look in on my kids while they're sleeping, and i can't help but be so glad and thankful for being able to be home with them.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 8:14 PM on May. 2, 2010