how can i insect proof my house while making sure it is safe for my two infant children?

I'm currently having an ant problem. I want them gone! But I don't want to risk my childrens health in the meantime. PLEASE HELP!

j_day45

Asked by j_day45 at 5:46 PM on May. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• bleach-- have someone take the babies out while you bleach it all-- cabinets floors throw out open food sources-- then open the windows to air out the smell
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 5:51 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Observe them to figure out how they're getting in. Caulk any gaps that let them in. Sorry, I don't know any safer ant remedies offhand. You should Google it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:52 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I used those little ant baits - they're plastic and look like a flower. worked like a charm to get rid of my ant problem.

but you need to do a perimeter search of your yard as well - if there's an ant problem outside then they're most likely inside as well.

make sure you remove all sources of 'food' - ants are attracted to sweets, and crumbs.

bleach won't remove ants - it just makes it clean.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:51 PM on May. 2, 2010