How do I move on from the hurt?

I love my DH. However he has hurt me sometimes I think beyond repair. He seems clueless of the damage. He thinks I should just get over it. Not so easy. He has allowed his kids and ex to mistreat me for years. I sit quietly and have taken it because I did not want to be rude. At one point he told me "I felt you had to endure it because I do." So because he endured verbal abuse from his ex means I do too. NO NO!! I can't believe he even went there. And as far as his kids...they walk all over him. So guess what? they think theycan do the same to me. How do I repair it. I have had to kick all his kids to the curb. He seems relieved. But Why did I have to do it? And as far as his ex? I have had to call the police on several occasions because he has no backbone. His kids are grown and I don't understand how a man can sit by a let others mistreat his wife. So now that I have had to lay down the law we have peace. But I am still hurt

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on May. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• I can definately see how you would be hurt. I am getting through a very similar situation, but my DH & I separated because I couldn't deal with the BS anymore. It's not something you can just magically get over, IMO. If he never recognizes & admits to his mistakes, you don't get the closure you need. My advice would be to try marriage counseling. It helps to get your feelings out there & have a 3rd party to mediate.
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 3:56 AM on May. 3, 2010