Why is everybody in such a rush?

I see all the time:

Will my doctor induce me at 38 weeks? I want my baby already.
Can I give my 3 week old food?
Can I give my 4 month old Whole Milk?
I want to potty train my 12 month old.
Can I wean my 5 month old from the bottle and the pacifier?

Geeze...They are only babies for what..2 years really, then onto being considered a kid. Why rush the process so fast? They will be where they need to be by school age. Trust me. So relax and enjoy them being a baby. And no, they won't be babylike forever.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on May. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• I know. It's because they don't realize how easy the children are now. Just wait for what's around the corner. You'd still wish they were babies, trust me.
    Anonymous

• They want what's EASIER for them! Having a table food eating, potty trained kid, who plays well on their own, is so much easier than having to deal with all of the baby's needs. (sarcasm). I see/hear the comments the OP mentions more often from the younger moms--whether the pregnancy was planned or not, than from the older moms who were prepared and really want to have a family.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:29 PM on May. 2, 2010

• lorikeet... there are younger moms who are prepared and really want a family.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 6:33 PM on May. 2, 2010

• oh i agree..its this dumb independency movement..bolony!!! independency is for an 18 year old moving out.People are backwards they push their babies to grow and when they need to let them grow and be adults they hand them everything and baby them,instead of just enjoying them as babies/kids and treating them as adults..they do it backwards example;when they are two they need to clean their own room, at 3 they need to do a chore and be to be responsable at 10 do their own laundry. but at 21 they are still at your house and when they do move out,you pay their rent or pay their cell bill..totally backwards
    Anonymous

• OP here...another thing I notice. Super pushing the baby to be doind older things. Then, not allowing them to know or see anything but, G rated stuff till 18 years. Not giving the sex talk because they aren't "old" enough....stuff like that. They rush them through infancy, then, hold them back during their growing up years.
    Anonymous

• Im just glad i was a kid when i needed to be one and my mom took care of us and when we moved out we became adults,i didnt need to know independency at age 5,all i knew back then was to be a kid and worry free.today im a normal person in a clean house and responsable enjoy my kid.
    Anonymous

• i was a young mom 19yr old with my daughter 21 with my son but i did what ever the dr told me. I didnt try to rush anything. I miss my now 2 yr old being a baby and 9 month i miss breastfeeding him. I wish i never stopped when he was 7 months
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:47 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I know!! I saw a post today about a mom who wanted to know how to make an 11 week old talk, there is no rush for anything everything will come with time. The rush come from not realizing how short a time they will stay babies.

Answer by older at 7:10 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Hmm Im a YOUNG mother and I have never ever rushed my babies :) They are only young once and im gonna enjoy the love while i can lol.Who doesnt love the kid that sticks her finger in her belly button and spins.That is some talent lol :)
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 7:12 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I totally agree with you.
    Anonymous