Garden..

I am trying to start a garden and it isn't going very well. There are a gazillion weeds that I've been picking and can't get them all and everytime I try to dig a hole there are rocks in the way. It's bumming me out. I'm getting a little sick and tired of this! It's a bigger garden but I am starting small and trying to just get a section of it ready to plant. Anyone know anything about gardening?!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on May. 2, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Maybe try some raised beds.
    blessed_w_boys

Answer by blessed_w_boys at 7:02 PM on May. 2, 2010

• raised beds are nice. I live in central illinois and we have trees all over the place and it seems like everytime I go out there are a bazillion tree seedlings popping up. You really have to get out there everyday and at least rake over it and break up the dirt around your garden plants and then pick the seedlings out.
    I hate weeds...I know what your feeling.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 7:31 PM on May. 2, 2010

• 6 weeks prior to getting the garden started I spray round up. It kills the weeds so when I run the rototiller they are dead and I can rake them up after rototlilling the ground. As for rocks, I still find some every year when I rototill the same patch of ground. You could always try a weed and feed for your garden providing you don't plant seeds. Weed and Seed will kill the weeds and not harm any plants that are established.

Anonymous

• I agree raised beds; you can either make them really raised on legs or just build frames on the ground; and then fill w/ soil of choice per plant
    Anonymous