can tell wether it's braxton hicks or true contractions

okay i have a two year old already so i know how true true contractions feel, lol. but i have this wierd tightening sensation, my stomach tightens up and i have a pinching feeling down in my vagina. now i heard when u move to a diffrent position its braxton hicks, now i move from sitting up, to my side, to my back and then on my knees and i still felt the tightening in my stomach. now i haven't started timing them but they don't hurt its just very annoying......what are these that im feeling? and they been going on since 10am and now its 6:51pm.

angelsmommy0721

Asked by angelsmommy0721 at 6:52 PM on May. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• from my experience....if I had to ask....then it wasn't real. lol (3 babies and all kinds of false starts and 'oh god this is it....oh no its not')

go for a walk - if they get stronger with walking they're real.

if they go away after a walk - they're BH.

how far along are you?
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:57 PM on May. 2, 2010

• i'm 39 weeks today....i have a doctor's appt tomorrow but i dnt wanna rush to the hospital and they send me home. I stay 45mins from the hospital, maybe even longer with traffic.......
    angelsmommy0721

Answer by angelsmommy0721 at 7:00 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Yeah,,start timing them. If they start building and getting stronger you will know its the real deal,,,
    Anonymous

• just wait it out if you arent sure. if it's real, it won't go away, it'll get worse & you'll know for sure as the hours pass.
    Anonymous

• I have the same thing going on for me I am 37 weeks, and those pains come and go. I believe it's just false contractions I haven't went into labor yet and it's been going on for about a week now. Hope I helped!
    skylarsmommy24

Answer by skylarsmommy24 at 11:33 PM on May. 2, 2010