Is your husband/so clueless in the kitchen?

mine is so lost in a kitchen he doesn't even know how to put a pizza in the oven!!
I was so in love when I married him I didn't give it much thought how capable he is in the kitchen....Now I'm thinking what if I die or become so injured I will have to rely on him for food?
It is a shame that a 50 yr old man cannot make a pizza all by himself.
His best friend and his cousins all love to cook...and I hate being around their households because they have a real talent....my husbands talent is eating but not cooking ANYTHING!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on May. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• lmao.... my hubby claims he can take me down in an iron chef competition, but we've been married almost 6 years and he's boiled eggs so far (i have to shut them off so that the water won't boil out though lol) and he's made toast, but never gets the browness right (he complains it's too 'clammy' lol) so i realllllly doubt he can. if something happened to me he would just eat corned beef out of a can and yogurt until he found a new wifey to cook for him lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:50 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Sounds like mine, we have been married 38 years and I often wonder how the hell he is going to eat when I die, heck for that matter how everyone that lives with me is going to eat!!

Answer by older at 7:13 PM on May. 2, 2010

• My favorite one was when my ex and my step-son would put the dishes away from the dishwasher.....pots and pans with the drinking glasses,,,really? lol
    Anonymous

• so does this truly make him that horrible? is he nice,does he treat you well? mine can cook ok,but i hate the 2 billion dishes he uses.cooking is not a talent in most men,however loving and providing is,does he have that?
    Anonymous

• I think they play dumb on purpose, and then they go and tell you something like, "it comes out so much more delicious when you do it"!

Answer by older at 7:15 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I don't think Mothers with boys teach their sons enough about household issues and they should! My hubby was a only child and his Mom worked alot so he learned how to cook and take care of himself..I think a lot of men are Momma's boys who get catered to their whole life and just go from mommy taking care of them to wifey taking care of them , like my brother.

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 7:18 PM on May. 2, 2010

• No, mine is actually cooks and will fix supper a few nights a week. The only 'issue' I have with him in the kitchen is he does not do some of the clean up afterward. Example-- he will fix my Grandma's casserole and then I find the tomato cans left on the counter or stove along with the velveeta box and wrapper and the spices not put back on the shelf.... so then I am the one doing the cleanup later.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:24 PM on May. 2, 2010

• mommas boys are free loaders kjfamily not boys with moms that cook for them.My hubby was the same as yours and im proud he finally has someone to take care of him (me) and my son will have his mom to cook for him,that will not make him a mommas boy.what makes a mommas boy is being bailed out and helped financially ALL the time, not getting fed by the person that gave birth to you.
    Anonymous

• No, my husband is a much better cook than I am, and he cooks more often than I do. He dirties more dishes and pans than I do when I cook, but he's good about cleaning up the mess when he's done.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:26 PM on May. 2, 2010

• My husband used to cook quite a bit and he was pretty good at it. Now, I have to tell him how to make something as simple as mashed potatoes, and he's been known to burn eggs (NASTY smell). I think after 15 years of me doing most of the cooking he's just out of practice. He makes up for it by doing the clean up.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:12 PM on May. 2, 2010