Am i a bad mom?

I am irritated whenever i am around my kids. They don't listen will never give me a brake, fight with each other... They are 3 and 4 and i do discipline them (ex- time out occasional smacks on the butt yelling) i am getting so streessed and it is hard with no help ( no dad no family not alot of friends).... I need help fast

nanasirmom

Asked by nanasirmom at 7:17 PM on May. 2, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• No hun, you are just human! you need pre-school so you will get a much needed break!!!!

Answer by older at 7:19 PM on May. 2, 2010

• One word: preschool. A couple of days per week will give you a nice little break, and give them the opportunity to play with little ones their own age.
    Anonymous

• add to that being 7 months pregnant, and you've got me! i was just feeling really bad about this. glad to know i'm not the only one! it should get better... riiiiight???
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 7:25 PM on May. 2, 2010

• You are not a bad mom, you are stressed.
    Stop for the evening: make a list of fun things to do with your kids. Pick one a day. Enjoy it with them.
    Instead of yelling, whisper. They will wonder what you are saying and will settle down to listen. Especially if you whisper when they are being good things like "do you want to watch Dora".
    Check out Supernanny.com.....lots of discipline/parenting advice and techniques.
    Watch the smacking....the more you smack, the more they will learn to smack each other.

And like p.p. said, look into preschool.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:25 PM on May. 2, 2010

• not a bad mom.bad moms are usualy the ones doing drugs around thier kids or having people sale it from their home,you are under stress thats all.
    Anonymous

• You need some mommy time! Try to take breaks- every couple of weeks. Get some me time. Try to keep them busy they are better that way! Good Luck! i work from home and get pleasure just out of talking to other moms. Adult conversation help!
    Moriah

http://www.WorkingGreenMoms.com
    MoriahL

Answer by MoriahL at 7:55 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Toss in a 10 month old, you telling my story! I agree, the 4 hour break I get 4 days a week from preschool has been a GOD send!!!! Those four precious hours drain 75% of his energy for that day and he's not running the halls and yelling. Not only does it drain his energy, but he loves going. He loves interacting with the other kids and learning new things. I think next fall I'm going to get my 3 year old DD into preschool too.

BTW, the fact that you are concerned that your a bad mom makees you not one. As long as you are actively trying to make the best life for your kids, then your an AWESOME mom. We ALL have "hair pulling" days. Just remember that next thing you know, your kids are going to be graduating high school and you'll be missing all of this.
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 11:41 PM on May. 2, 2010