My son is peeing in his pants...

For the last week my 4 year old has been peeing and even once pooped in his pants. He has been potty trained well over 2 years.. He goes by himself to the bathroom to go pee but i normally help him get up on the toilet to go poop. I ask him why didnt he go to the bathroom and he wont answer me. So today i told him if he did it again i would have to put a diaper on him. Now he is actually asking to wear one and when i ask him you want to be a baby not a big boy? he says YES! I dont know what to do or say. My mom seems to think he senses something... maybe im pregnant or a change has accured. I dont believe i am pregnant, and we havent made any changes that i can think of. I'm confused and tired of smelling pee... HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:27 PM on May. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think little active boys of this age can forget that they have to go potty till its too late. Since your with him all the time, watch what he drinks, what time, how long before he has an accidient. Then use that as a measuring device to remind him to go potty. Dont ask him if he has to go,,tell him to go try. He is probably embarrased that he is having accidents. He doesnt have a clue on how to fix this,,but you do. Reward him each time he goes,,,just like 2 yrs ago, it should be fixed before you know it :)
    Anonymous

• Don'e tell him you'll do the diaper thing unless you really will. He needs to know what you say is what you mean.

But my kids have pee accidents sometimes, and they are 4 & 5. Usually it is when they are too "busy" to pay attention to their bodies. I tend to watch them closely and say, please go try to go to the bathroom when I think they need to try.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 8:09 PM on May. 2, 2010

• GIRL U NEED TO BUST HIS BUTT ! !
    Anonymous

• If the accidents have become a regular thing, then you might want to have him checked by his doc to make sure he doesn't have an infection or other medical need. Then, if there is nothing medically wrong, it may just be a phase he is going through; Kids will sometimes regress on mastered skills when they're busy mastering a new skill. Also, if he's been doing a heap of growing, he may just not be able to keep up with his body and he'll get back into pottying once he's finished his growth spurt. However, if he doesn't stop the accidents within a few days, it's time to look into other possibilities. When kids are stressed, peeing/stooling in their pants can be an indicator that something is amiss and, as much as I hate to bring it up, there is always the possibility of abuse.
    Anonymous