Does anyone ever get tired of cooking and/or fixing meals?

I used to love to cook, bake and prepare food. I don't know what's got into me, but I almost dread it now. Anyone else feel like that?

sandypops

Asked by sandypops at 7:40 PM on May. 2, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I don't mind cooking, I just hate when I forget to defrost something. and I what I hate even more is the clean up.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 7:43 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Yes I do, I am so tired after chasing a toddler all day and being pregnant that making food and even eating sounds awful
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:45 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I feel like that too.... I used to love to cook. For me its more the clean up part though! I hate having to do everything all the time (single mom of 3 young kids)
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:46 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I do. I think it's because I can cook for 30 to 45 minutes and the food's GONE in 10, with not one thank you or compliment. I feel that my efforts are unappreciated and at that point cooking becomes just one more chore, especially trying to do it with kids underfoot.

What I've done is search for new recipes. Cooking (and eating) the same old thing gets BORING. I try to plan at least one new recipe a week. Today we had peanut chicken MMMMM!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:09 PM on May. 2, 2010

• How bout a crock pot? You can fix all sorts of dishs in there. They even have plastic bag things now that you put inside the crock pot to keep food from sticking to it,,,way less clean up time!
    Anonymous

• HELL YEA ! ! !
    Anonymous

• YES MAM!!!! Its cause you dont ever get to taste it and enjoy it. I also hate the cleanup. I get all the work.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 8:28 PM on May. 2, 2010

• It is and always has been a true chore for me.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 8:36 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Depends on the week or month LOL Sometimes I go for months loving to plan ,shop, and prepare then boom I hate it all.We eat out of the freezer ,Costco frozen fish, fresh pasta ,roti chicken and frozen veggies for a couple of weeks.Then boom and I am back to loving cooking. But I never ever love the clean up.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 8:51 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I hate it cooking anymore, I'm just too tierd after working part time running around after my kids then you cook with whatever energy you have left just to find out your four year old says eeww I don't eat chicken, pork, this and that, grrrrrrrr lol
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 8:55 PM on May. 2, 2010