new and inexperienced.....

i have been married for 1 and a half years now and have a 4 1/2 month old baby boy. my husband and i were both virgins when we got married...not we arent really experienced in terms of condoms...when we got married we both wanted a baby so we didn't have any form of contraception and once the baby was born i used implanon (contraceptive) but that didn't work well for me (headaches, mood swings, depression, heavy and irregular bleeding etc)...so i had the implanon removed. we are now using condoms.
i first pack we bought was tight in his male anatomy area and would rip. so we bought a bigger size condom which feels great for him and for me...but the thing is, is that it may be just a little big because i bit of the condom is left hanging near the top of his penis...is this okay? is this the way it is supposed to be? is he wearing it incorrectly?..plus is the condom doesn't rip or have a hole then the protection is 100% rite?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on May. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I dont trust condoms b/c of the very fact that they can rip. I was on the pill for years, with very few complications. Was able to conceive when we where ready. Talk to your doctor about all the options available to you, you will probably be surprised at all the new birth contol methods,,,,
    Anonymous

• As far as I know, that is how it is supposed to be.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:53 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I'm bored, so I went to google....

"if the condom does not have a reservoir top, pinch the tip of the condom enough to leave a half inch space for semen to collect. If the man is not circumcised, then pull back the foreskin before rolling on the condom."

http://www.avert.org/condom.htm

Hope that helps!! Good Luck!!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:56 PM on May. 2, 2010

• it shouldn't be hanging too much and should be skin tight magnum condoms are for use on long large penis' not just large wide penis' because a regular good quality should fit just fine.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:59 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Yes, it's supposed to be there at the tip.

No contraceptive is 100%, but it's pretty good. I've be married for 14 years this year and we've used condoms for most of it (certainly 12-13 years of it). We have 3 children from 3 pregnancies all planned and intentional. So, it's a good percentage.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 8:00 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I was dating a guy last year and the condom ripped, scared me to death! For some odd reason, he thought it was funny as hell. I think that was the last time I had sex with him,,,lol
    Anonymous

• I think that was the last time I had sex with him,,,lol
    LOL would have been laughing on the other side of his face if he'd been paying child support for 18 years
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 9:10 PM on May. 2, 2010

• You want the tip to catch the "stuff". I would def. use the bigger size. Also, they do make trojan with spermicide, but I dont know if they make magnum with spermicide.
    Sillybillymel

Answer by Sillybillymel at 11:03 PM on May. 2, 2010