sore vagina

I'm 24 weeks pregnant and lately my vagina has felt sore and sometimes I have a heavy feeling, that is the only way I know how to describe it. It's off and on and usually goes away with rest. has anyone else experienced this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on May. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had the same thing with all three of my pregnancies. Feels like a bowling ball is sitting on your vagina? It's normal. Just got to shine it on a little longer, Mommy. Best wishes!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 9:06 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I think discomfort like that should be brought up to your ob asap. What if you have an incompent cervix and need a cerclage or something? Its too early to think about delivering, so you would want to see a doctor as soon as they can get you in.
    Rileysmom425

Answer by Rileysmom425 at 8:42 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I agree with what pp said but when I was pregnant, after a long day of work and being on my feet all day I had heavy pain down there and was also very swollen. It usually went away or at least got a little better after resting.
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 8:50 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I'm 22 weeks and I get this a lot. It's such a strange feeling but I experience exactly as you described and it only happens when I've been on my feet for along period of time. It always goes away when I drink water and get off my feet for a little while, but I plan to speak to my OB about it at my appointment this week. Sorry I'm not much help but I am experiencing it as well.
    Anonymous

• OP here, I love the bowling ball analogy, that is exactly what it feels like! It does seem to be worse the longer and harder I work during the day. I see my OB this week so I will ask her too. Thanks ladies!
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 9:46 PM on May. 2, 2010