Anyone here in my boat??

My husband and I just got married on january 02 2010 and as we all know the military doesn't pay real well so I got a job selling "Slumber Parties." I am trying to get my business off the ground and I don't know where to start. Any hints would be great!!!

JCourtney02

Asked by JCourtney02 at 8:49 PM on May. 2, 2010 in Money & Work

• Slumber Parties? Give me more info. I didn't know you could sell those.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:52 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Slumber parties?
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 8:54 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Attend networking events

Answer by rkoloms at 9:06 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Slumber Parties aka selling Adult toys kinda like pampered chef but better
    JCourtney02

Answer by JCourtney02 at 9:07 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Those home party kind of businesses are difficult unless you know a lot of people. The best way is to offer incentives for people to host parties for you. You would offer a free gift in exchange for hosting a party for you. Then you would ask the people at the party if they would be interested in hosting and so on and so forth.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:11 PM on May. 2, 2010

• lol nope never been there, my sex toy store sells the same stuff but at wholesale prices to the public.

And it was free from Sex Toy Dave.
    Anonymous

• See thats where my problem is when I started my business I lived in my hometown now I live about an hour away from there Im trying so hard to make friends and be more open to friendship~ I mean its bad when your husband notices that you dont have that many friends
    JCourtney02

Answer by JCourtney02 at 9:14 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I dont just sell sex toys though~Its a party and its not something thats weird~All of my guest at parties have a blast and learn something new every time
    JCourtney02

Answer by JCourtney02 at 9:17 PM on May. 2, 2010

• NicoR, just for the record, no body sees what you are buying unless you chose to tell them.

To the OP- I love Slumber Parties! I am not in your boat now, but I use to be. After my husband and I got married, he got stationed in Germany. Unfortunately, at the time, Germany had some strict laws that prevent us from being able to sell things unless you paid a very expensive fee. My suggestion would be to invite some of your neighbors for a small show. Once you feel comfortable doing a few small shows, then invite a few wives from your husband's company. The best time to do this would be about a week or two before the husband's come home from the field. You may want to try to make an arrangement with a neighbor to watch the children at her apartment while you have the show. In exchange you could offer her a free item or a discount. Cont..

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:25 AM on May. 3, 2010

• Cont... If you are able to make the arrangement then let everyone you invite know that childcare will be provided. That would be a big plus. Does your post have a newspaper/informational newsletter? If so, you may be able to post an ad with your website and contact info. Another thing that you may want to try is to advertise an open house. This would be good if you have a lot of products to demonstrate. People could stop by your house between 2-4, come take a look at the products, ask you questions and you can demonstrate a few things that they might be interested in. This would be good for people who might want some of the products but may be too uncomfortable sitting through a demonstration of the "adult toys". What base/post are you at? I might have a few contacts there that I could give you.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:31 AM on May. 3, 2010