is it possible for a hamster to know its owner and to get attached to its owner like you know a dog or cat would? LOL read more

Well the reason I ask is because honestly I didn't think they could, but we got a hamster for my DD's Birthday on Wednesday and that one achually bit me hard I was bleeding then 2 days later it died I think it had something wrong with it when we got it cause all it did was sleep it wasn't awake at all anyway, we get her another one on Friday because it had a 7 day thing. Then today this one is doing really good I am always getting it out to play with it lol and it like nibbles on my hand not hard then when it sees me come into my DD's room it comes up to the front of the cage and climbs on the front of the cage lol. So I was wanting to know if it is possible because this hamster comes up to the cage every single time I come in the room even if it is on its wheel playing. The only time it don't is when it is sleeping lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on May. 2, 2010 in Pets

• yes, they can. they are pretty smart.... you can teach them to do tricks, etc. i had a hamster that i loved so much in college and he would climb all over me, but didn't really like any of my roommates lol. i also had a guinea pig when i was small that just loved my mom. she would just sqeak when she heard my mom talking lol. i love them!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:03 PM on May. 2, 2010

• PRINCESSBETH79 wow I didn't know that they can do tricks nor did I know that they could be attatched to their owners, but I guess you learn something new everyday lol
    Anonymous

• that is so awesome. i want a hamster for my daughter so bad. i had them when i was growing up. it was so fun!!
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 9:10 PM on May. 2, 2010